Killed For Double Parking

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The death penalty for a parking infraction does seem a bit severe. Even here.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The most worrying thing about these things is not the point people will kill each other over parking space, right of way, cutting each other up etc. but that these people are so unstable as to not have the personal control to think for a minute, 'am I prepared to spend life in jail, or let this guy through'. It is absolute craziness on so many other levels than just killing a guy to save face.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Wasn't this basically self-defense? One guy went for a machete, so the other guy used his gun.

Trascendi? que en medio de la discusi?n, uno de los hoy occisos se dirigi? a un veh?culo a buscar un col?n para agredir al conductor de la yipeta, quien tom? su arma y la emprendi? a balazos contra Ramos Ten y Estrella Mercedes.

May 12, 2005
Wasn't this basically self-defense? One guy went for a machete, so the other guy used his gun.

Could be but the fact it escalated to this over parking issues speaks volumes to the chopo-ization of DR society. What ever happened to cultura y progreso?

May 12, 2005

Could be but the fact it escalated to this over parking issues speaks volumes to the chopo-ization of DR society. What ever happened to cultura y progreso?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Arm yourself, practice, and this sort of thing does not happen to you no matter where you live.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Stupid Savages are all involved....Who the hell goes back to get a machete? get a gun or get outta there! and Yes, if someone came after me with a machete, and I had a gun, I would shoot him....but aint no way Im going after anyone with a machete! Any nobody can have a gun these days...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Arm yourself, practice, and this sort of thing does not happen to you no matter where you live.

Do you have any idea what you sound like with advice like this.
Practice? Yes, practice comon sense and don't be so stupid as to get in such a situation. If you're practicing fending off machete attacks to live here confidently then why bother.

You sound like the typical rule book bloke who gets his arse kicked for 'practicing' and expe ting it to work in real life situation.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
10 or 15 years ago, friends of mine came back to santiago from hunting. going thru town there was party at a park and traffic was slow. turns out. the guy in the car in front of him stops indefinetly to watch the party, no way of getting around him, long line of cars honking and yelling and the guys wouldnt move... so my friend pushed the car with his suv(I know, hes a wise guy) until they got past the party. The guy comes out ****ed, yelling about why he got pushed and my friend said, But I didnt push you(but he did), I was following you, what are you talking about(haha, wise guy)...the guys says fine and goes back to his car, comes back with a gun in his hand but my friend already had his 12 gauge pointed out the window...guy sees that, turns around, gets in his car and leaves! LOL!
On second thought, my friends lucky that the guy didnt come out with the gun the first time...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
with people having such little value for life here, he is lucky he didnt start plasting anyway, killing him and a few onlookers in the process. You can be a wise guy when ypu are dealing with some form of i telligence, but when dealing with such fukcing reckless idiots i4's not so wise.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's in the papers every week. parking, a game of dominoes, too loud music. anything can trigger this insane behaviour. thus is why i never argue with people here. you never know if you're not going against a rabid animal with no self control.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
It happens all over.

I saw that three died in a dispute with the crazy neighbor over parking issues in the States recently. It is sad that people can't just blow it off with "it's a parking spot" or "it's a lane change." It's just not worth being dead over.

Also, it's always a bad idea to bring a knife to a gun fight.