Swim with the Dolphins at Ocean World question

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
We have some folks visiting form out of the country and their son wants to swim with the dolphins. Not sure if there will be 1, 2 or 3 people that want to go.
Can they just show up at Ocean World or do they have to be part of a larger group? Any idea on cost? thanks

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Have you considered asking OW? They might have some accurate info on this if you're lucky.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
you can just show up at ocean world. I don,t remember the exact prices but its about 100us to get in and then there are different levels of swimming with dolphins. if you want the full ride figure about 250$. also check with some of the tour guide operators they may have some discounts and more info.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
http://www.oceanworld.net/eng/index.php

Prices: http://www.oceanworld.net/eng/buy_tickets/1-dolphin-encounter

It is not necessary to buy tickets in advance. Each of the attractions (sea lions, dolphin show, sharks, etc) are on a set schedule and performed several times a day. Best to arrive early to mid-morning to see all of the attractions without being pressured by time. You will be given a specific time when you arrive for any extras like a swim with the Dolphins. The others you see at your convenience.

When I went a couple of months ago there was a 2 for 1 deal on some of the encounters. You may get lucky on that, too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've been there twice, each time sort of gratis. a visiting friend wanted to do few things and the offers and discounts combined came to the cost of my ticket. each time we went early in the day, about 9-10 am, no need for early booking. OW often has offers and discounts so check their website. any activities with animals have restrictions such as no jewelry. they provide safe and secure lockers but you may save yourself trouble by leaving some of that stuff at home. buffet food is pretty basic but passable.