Looking to help Puerto P Mother to collect child support from American in New Jersey

Lexi2339

Jan 15, 2015
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody might know of a person or place that would assist a single Mother that lives in puerto plata file the paperwork to have the American Dominican father that lives and works in New Jersey to have the State of New Jersey to garnish the fathers wages to pay child support for the young 6 year old by and his struggling Mother. I have tried to explain to her that the State of New Jersey has adopted a law to have the father of any child that's mother lives in the Dominican Republic until the birthday of 18. The Mother is just Getting by while the Father has no financial responsibility and has a good job.

I don think the Mother understands that this his her right and that this money would help her and her son out until 18. The father will not return the Mothers repeated attempt or phones calls for assistance. The father has shrugged his responsibilities by coming over and having a child and them leaving never to contact the child or Mother again.

I don't know if there is some type of legal aid like in the states. If anybody has any information could they share this with me and and I will pass it on to her.

Listen... I'm not trying to save the work here but, just help a Mother that doesn't know that she is entitled to Get support for her child from a Father in NJ.

Department of Human Services | LANDMARK RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT WITH DOMINICAN REPUBLIC EXPANDS REACH OF NEW JERSEY CHILD SUPPORT SYSTEM

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If the father's name is Richie (same low life who used to live in El Batey) the mother is going to have to get in line with the rest of them.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
@ lexi, what county does the father live in? If you know , she also needs his address. She needs to get a court order in Pop , then it needs to go threw the Dominican county state, federal government then U.S. federal ,state ,then county.
The U.S. signed a treaty I'm the Haig for this to happen. Her husband will get paperwork and he will ignore it , most likely. But, when I gets to his American county the process is decided because the mother filed first has jurisdiction and New Jersey will honor the Dominican court desicion on suppert. It's really easier than she thinks.
I know first hand because I pay child support for children in German using this exact process. Yes new Jersey and the D.R. will work together.
P.m. if you have questions

Apr 7, 2014
@ lexi, what county does the father live in? If you know , she also needs his address. She needs to get a court order in Pop , then it needs to go threw the Dominican county state, federal government then U.S. federal ,state ,then county.
The U.S. signed a treaty I'm the Haig for this to happen. Her husband will get paperwork and he will ignore it , most likely. But, when I gets to his American county the process is decided because the mother filed first has jurisdiction and New Jersey will honor the Dominican court desicion on suppert. It's really easier than she thinks.
I know first hand because I pay child support for children in German using this exact process. Yes new Jersey and the D.R. will work together.
P.m. if you have questions

I doubt it will work. Any country with a reputation for producing fraudulent documents will have a hard time getting heard.

Yodel Gruelsohn, Organ Meatmaster

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I doubt it will work. Any country with a reputation for producing fraudulent documents will have a hard time getting heard.

If it comes from a Dominican Court it will be processed. I know for a fact New Jersey will process the paperwork and the mother in The D.R. will have jurisdiction. I have been threw this personally. New Jersey will care less what country. Like I was told in court by a New Jersey judge " ####### has jurisdiction, if you have a problem with the order go there and hire a lawyer. New Jersey only enforces the order"
To the op, the day the mother files a motion in Pop the father is on the hook. He will owe from that day forward.
Before the na Sayers start, trust me it isn't fair, but neither is the legal system. I could go on on but this his what N.J. will do for the mother

Apr 7, 2014
If it comes from a Dominican Court it will be processed. I know for a fact New Jersey will process the paperwork and the mother in The D.R. will have jurisdiction. I have been threw this personally. New Jersey will care less what country. Like I was told in court by a New Jersey judge " ####### has jurisdiction, if you have a problem with the order go there and hire a lawyer. New Jersey only enforces the order"
To the op, the day the mother files a motion in Pop the father is on the hook. He will owe from that day forward.
Before the na Sayers start, trust me it isn't fair, but neither is the legal system. I could go on on but this his what N.J. will do for the mother

Bullsh!t! Now check this out, who gets the money? Who administers the money? Who transmits the money? And what if money is in arrears? OK, lets throw out hypotheticals to disprove this please.

A man in NJ who works for the State of NJ in the Prison system his salary for this example is $60,000US. This is $5000/month before taxes. Now if he has his family court issue were in NJ(or some other US state) and they took 25% of his income that is $1250/month for one child this is their ruling. $1250 is 4-5 times the average Dominican salary monthly, depending on occupation. Now lets see this through, a Dominican family court sends a order of manutension to somewhere in New Jersey. I ask you: for what amount? If Dominican courts normally set the payment at $40/child does NJ abide by that or supplant that with NJ rules? Now if NJ makes the determination to take 25% of his income you dont see where fraud is abundant here?
a. Someone is taking $1250 from him monthly but the mother is only owed $40 according to their court.
b. WHo is handling this money in the interim from the time it is taken from him and given to her? The Dominican receiver only has to account for $40. So where is the purgatory that the other $1210 fell?
c. What Dominican woman WOULDNT want a part of that hustle. Free money for questionable parentage? If the STate gave her all the money with no intermediaries you have essentially in the eyes of the people in her barrio made her RICH.
d. and if NJ were to only offer what the DR is requesting, what would be the point? $40, it would cost the State more money to issue a summons or an arrest warrant for what is basically a full tank of gas.

e. And many more questions also, like what about arrears? who determines arrears? what is the penalty? who sets the interest on back payments? what about currency fluctuations? what is the penalty for NOT paying or responding the the summons?

f. if the guy cannot send more than $40 he is a fool in any event.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't at least the mother had to prove paternity of the child?

Yea I m wondering too because the father of the child has to declare himself in Person in DR that he is the father of the child.

Apr 7, 2014

Furdermorz, Germany has a treaty with the USA on child support issues. They have come to an agreement on such things at the national, federal level. The US and DR have no such treaty. There is a whole Wikipedia page on which countries have a treaty with the USA on Child Support enforcement. What you will notice is almost all of the countries are Western European, minus Australia, Canada, and New Zealand and in 1st World standing. There arent any developing countries mentioned there.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Furdermorz, Germany has a treaty with the USA on child support issues. They have come to an agreement on such things at the national, federal level. The US and DR have no such treaty. There is a whole Wikipedia page on which countries have a treaty with the USA on Child Support enforcement. What you will notice is almost all of the countries are Western European, minus Australia, Canada, and New Zealand and in 1st World standing. There arent any developing countries mentioned there.

Hey Commander.. You should check this out.. This is from 2011 or 2012. http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/news/press/2012/approved/20120418.html

LANDMARK RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT WITH DOMINICAN REPUBLIC EXPANDS REACH OF NEW JERSEY CHILD SUPPORT
SYSTEM

More children will receive the assistance they deserve
TRENTON – Today, New Jersey became the first state to gain an important enforcement tool with the ability to establish and collect child support from parents living in the Dominican Republic under the terms of a landmark agreement signed by its Attorney General, Dr. Radham?s Jim?nez Pe?a and Department of Human Services (DHS) Commissioner Jennifer Velez. The agreement, which becomes effective immediately, was attested by New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa.

The Reciprocal Agreement compels New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to assist each other with ensuring the support of children by their parents within their jurisdictions. Currently, there are 536 active cases in the New Jersey Child Support System for which one party resides in the Dominican Republic. New Jersey has similar arrangements with 21 other countries, including: Bermuda, El Salvador, Jamaica and Mexico.
“This partnership is historic and signifies important progress for our Child Support system,” said Commissioner Velez, whose Department oversees the Child Support program. “Child Support is an essential anti-poverty component. Custodial parents who receive timely, consistent payments are more self-sufficient and less likely to require state or federal social service benefits.”

Previous to the agreement, it was difficult to initiate or enforce child support orders with parents who left New Jersey to return to the Dominican Republic without their child/ren. The same challenges applied to situations in which a parent moved to New Jersey from the Dominican Republic, leaving their child/ren behind.

“This agreement is right and just,” said Dr. Jimenez Pena, who traveled to New Jersey with staff to participate in this long awaited event. “Children are entitled to be supported by both parents and parents cannot allow nationality and distance to interfere with the moral and legal responsibility they have to their children.”

“In law enforcement, the inability to carry out our duties in another jurisdiction can be incredibly frustrating,” said New Jersey Attorney General Chiesa, who attended the event and attested to the signatures. “Reciprocity allows New Jersey and the Dominican Republic to cooperatively and effectively manage child support orders.

Staff from DHS’ Division of Family Development’s Office of Child Support Services met over the course of two years with representatives from the Office of the Attorney General in the Dominican Republic to develop the agreement. It becomes effective immediately.

“Today’s ceremony culminates a lot of hard work by a team of people committed to ensuring that children get the support they need and deserve,” said Alisha Griffin, Assistant Director of DHS’ Office of Child Support Services. “It’s a proud day for all of us.”

Last year, New Jersey’s Child Support Program distributed over $1.2 billion to children through their custodial parents. It consistently ranks among the top ten states in collection and enforcement.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The agreements referenced only apply to the reciprocity of existing order for child support.

From what I read, it doesn't appear that there is one. This process doesn't start in New Jersey, it starts in the Dominican Republic. Unless the Father's name is on the birth certificate, good luck with that.

Apr 7, 2014
It is one sided. It doesnt help the DR parent in NJ. It helps the NJ parent that had relocated to DR. Good luck getting that money unless the parent is a retiree with a pension that you can extract. If a guy moved to DR with his NJ pension in my example you could get money IF he had an arrangement pending in NJ. But some guy who got deported back to DR or is just living there meagerly or is just working in country, you cant get any money from that guy.

And my other questions still stand. Who cares if you collect $10 billion. Who gets it and who accounts for currency fluctuations AND differences in disbursements?

si225

Dec 26, 2012
The process would start in the DR to establish Paternity which is covered under the treaty. Yes, it will cost money to do all of this, but if the guy has any money, the US penalties are harsh once the process is completed. The responsible parties on each side to contact for more information would be:

The Central Authority of the Dominican Republic will be the Assistant Attorney
General in charge of the Department of Children and Adolescents, attached to the Office of the
Attorney General of the Republic, in accordance with the authority delegated by articles 198 of Law
No. 136-03 and 6 of Resolution No. 000012 as issued by the Attorney General on the Twenty-First
(21st.) day of the month of February of the year Two-Thousand and Eight.

The Central Authority of the State of New Jersey will be the Office of Child
Support Services in the Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development, P.O. Box
709, Trenton, NJ 08625.

But ultimately, one would need a good DR lawyer to establish paternity and go through the process. If the guy is broke it isn't worth it.

Apr 7, 2014
The process would start in the DR to establish Paternity which is covered under the treaty. Yes, it will cost money to do all of this, but if the guy has any money, the US penalties are harsh once the process is completed. The responsible parties on each side to contact for more information would be:

The Central Authority of the Dominican Republic will be the Assistant Attorney
General in charge of the Department of Children and Adolescents, attached to the Office of the
Attorney General of the Republic, in accordance with the authority delegated by articles 198 of Law
No. 136-03 and 6 of Resolution No. 000012 as issued by the Attorney General on the Twenty-First
(21st.) day of the month of February of the year Two-Thousand and Eight.

The Central Authority of the State of New Jersey will be the Office of Child
Support Services in the Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development, P.O. Box
709, Trenton, NJ 08625.

But ultimately, one would need a good DR lawyer to establish paternity and go through the process. If the guy is broke it isn't worth it.

An agreement isnt a treaty.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
An agreement isnt a treaty.

Agreed, but it possible that tourists and visitors that come to the DR for a sex vacation and decide to forgo protection with their partners will have to face the responsibilities of their actions should they end up impregnating a local girl. AS THEY SHOULD BE..

Unfortunately, there are some that travel here thinking that "they can do whatever they want in the DR" and it will all go away after they hop that plane and head home. These people should possibly rethink their decisions and if aids, herpes, and other STD's aren't enough of a deterrent to "wrap it up", than maybe being held financially responsible in situations like this will help them in their decisions.

Apr 7, 2014
Agreed, but it possible that tourists and visitors that come to the DR for a sex vacation and decide to forgo protection with their partners will have to face the responsibilities of their actions should they end up impregnating a local girl. AS THEY SHOULD BE..

Unfortunately, there are some that travel here thinking that "they can do whatever they want in the DR" and it will all go away after they hop that plane and head home. These people should possibly rethink their decisions and if aids, herpes, and other STD's aren't enough of a deterrent to "wrap it up", than maybe being held financially responsible in situations like this will help them in their decisions.

Sounds crazy because paternity has to be established 1st. And my friend who was in the Fiscalia d Santiago said that some of these women dont know the full names of the Dominican fathers. So expecting them to know the full name of the foreign one, how to spell it AND the COUNTRY(not the state or metropolitan area) he came from is a stretch.
And paternity has to be established and recorded IN PERSON IN DR.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Bullsh!t! Now check this out, who gets the money? Who administers the money? Who transmits the money? And what if money is in arrears? OK, lets throw out hypotheticals to disprove this please.

A man in NJ who works for the State of NJ in the Prison system his salary for this example is $60,000US. This is $5000/month before taxes. Now if he has his family court issue were in NJ(or some other US state) and they took 25% of his income that is $1250/month for one child this is their ruling. $1250 is 4-5 times the average Dominican salary monthly, depending on occupation. Now lets see this through, a Dominican family court sends a order of manutension to somewhere in New Jersey. I ask you: for what amount? If Dominican courts normally set the payment at $40/child does NJ abide by that or supplant that with NJ rules? Now if NJ makes the determination to take 25% of his income you dont see where fraud is abundant here?
a. Someone is taking $1250 from him monthly but the mother is only owed $40 according to their court.
b. WHo is handling this money in the interim from the time it is taken from him and given to her? The Dominican receiver only has to account for $40. So where is the purgatory that the other $1210 fell?
c. What Dominican woman WOULDNT want a part of that hustle. Free money for questionable parentage? If the STate gave her all the money with no intermediaries you have essentially in the eyes of the people in her barrio made her RICH.
d. and if NJ were to only offer what the DR is requesting, what would be the point? $40, it would cost the State more money to issue a summons or an arrest warrant for what is basically a full tank of gas.

e. And many more questions also, like what about arrears? who determines arrears? what is the penalty? who sets the interest on back payments? what about currency fluctuations? what is the penalty for NOT paying or responding the the summons?

f. if the guy cannot send more than $40 he is a fool in any event.

Yea I m wondering too because the father of the child has to declare himself in Person in DR that he is the father of the child.

Ok, again. I have been threw this personally. If the mother gets a Dominican Court order saying who the father is New Jersey will in force that order. I had 2.5 years of arrears when the ordered finally got to Ocean County New Jersey. The date she files in Dominican Republic the meter starts.
The American New Jersey County court system will directly take the funds out of the father's pay check and send it to the mother. The court that has jurisdiction sets the amount. If he doesn't show for court the the court will take the normal recourse. Plus the order will be enforced. Now here is Another point. Every county has a law firm that will represent the out of state party at tax payer expense.
You can go through every hypothetical situation you want this is how it works. Sounds crazy I agree but it happens.
I asked the judge " I never had my due process, I wasn't in that German court" The judge said I did because the German court sent me a certified letter.
If the mother does the paperwork the father is on the hook.
Oh I almost forgot. Your example of the income amount the father makes and how the mother is scamming him.
Here is what the courts say. Again this is from personal experience. The child is entitled to the same standard of living as the wealthiest of parent.
This isn't bull**** amigo ,this is how is works. Fair or unfair, he will be paying if the mother call get the D.R. to help her. Once it's in the American system it's just another docket number and it will proceed very smoothly.
My question, where is the O.P.?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
@ commander..... since you called bull**** on me. Check your email, I sent you ocean county court motions with my ex's German address and county docket #.