Protests / Supreme Court

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Protesters were not happy with the recent Supreme Court decisions. The Justices, and I use that term lightly, should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for selling out in the Bautista Case, but what should be really expect from old school, corrupted officials. This is afterall Justice Dominican Style under the guise of a Democratic and free society. Doing the right thing is not in their DNA. The DR will never achieve 2nd World status while this kind of thinking still dominates the high courts. Danillo should be floored except that it could happen to any one of these top officials so see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil will prevail.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Protesters were not happy with the recent Supreme Court decisions. The Justices, and I use that term lightly, should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for selling out in the Bautista Case, but what should be really expect from old school, corrupted officials. This is afterall Justice Dominican Style under the guise of a Democratic and free society. Doing the right thing is not in their DNA. The DR will never achieve 2nd World status while this kind of thinking still dominates the high courts. Danillo should be floored except that it could happen to any one of these top officials so see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil will prevail.

Here you will find a Bautista on every corner just waiting to emerge. The only time they could not take all they wanted was under TRUJILLO!

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
So LTSteve , you have examined all the evidence against Bautista and have decided that it is not circumstantial. Or have you just a strong feeling as I have that Bautista is as guilty as hell . So you want the President to step across the three lines of justice and be the author, the compliance officer and the judge all in one. . What we must hope for is that the rules relating to contracts and tendering are tightened up and that everything is made transparent . It was done in quite a few Asian countries..I hope we can also do it

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
So LTSteve , you have examined all the evidence against Bautista and have decided that it is not circumstantial. Or have you just a strong feeling as I have that Bautista is as guilty as hell . So you want the President to step across the three lines of justice and be the author, the compliance officer and the judge all in one. . What we must hope for is that the rules relating to contracts and tendering are tightened up and that everything is made transparent . It was done in quite a few Asian countries..I hope we can also do it

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. No one, including the Justices want to really expose the political system and the men who use it to their own benefit. Yes, it happens all over the world but the DR seems to have the procedure perfected.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Here in the DR the corruption is just more overt than elsewhere. Back home the envelopes pass hands in the dark hallways of power away from the scrutiny of the public. Here, it all happens on the busiest street corner at lunch time.

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010
The best that could happen is that el Leon won't get elected prez b/c of this. However, when I reflect on the voters, I am not sure.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
It is encouraging that the Dominican people are protesting. It may not change things now, but at least some of the people are not just sitting back taking it as if it should be considered business as usual.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We are moving towards being a second world country? Mybe I missed it. Something change?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Here in the DR the corruption is just more overt than elsewhere. Back home the envelopes pass hands in the dark hallways of power away from the scrutiny of the public. Here, it all happens on the busiest street corner at lunch time.

I'm not saying that corruption doesn't take place in just about every political environ but these DR Supreme Court Justices are arrogant to the point of almost flaunting their ultimate power in the face of the truth.