whats a nacia

Status
Not open for further replies.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
whats a nacio ciero? the girl next door has this kin d of rash on her leg, what is it? nobody can tell me how to spell it so I can't find it in the dictionary.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Mata Puerco?

Yes, they may call it that, but the description (of a rash) does not point to a furuncle (boil).
There are nasty plants [pringamosa(?), mata puerco] that can cause a very severe (and painful) rash, though.

donP

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
whats a nacio ciero? the girl next door has this kin d of rash on her leg, what is it? nobody can tell me how to spell it so I can't find it in the dictionary.

If they can't tell you how to spell it then chances are they don't actually know for sure what it is. Mums playing doctor to szve on clinic costs, that might end with a prescription cost, heavens forbid. Are they rubbing vapour rub on it?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

It's a "nacido ciego". It?s a boil! People call them "nac?os" because, as you know (or may not know), many people here tend to drop the d in the ido/ado endings, so the "ido" is pronounced as "?o".

So that's why marido sounds "mar?o", cocido becomes "coc?o", enamorado becomes "enamorao", etc.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You don't speak Spanish, right?

Yes I do, and through this I know many Dominicans talk utter tosh. You prove my point by questioning my thoughts these people have no clue what they are talking about about by calling a rash a boil. No doubt your Spanish is much better than mine, but unfortunately your native logic lets you down, again:cry:

Apr 7, 2014
Yes I do, and through this I know many Dominicans talk utter tosh. You prove my point by questioning my thoughts these people have no clue what they are talking about about by calling a rash a boil. No doubt your Spanish is much better than mine, but unfortunately your native logic lets you down, again:cry:
What is "tosh"?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Llo soi dominicano i bengo ak? pa' haprend? abl? kon hutede, lo gringo, lo matatane, lo ke ma' saven. Polke la beld? e', ke hutede saven de to', DE TO', kon letra mall?cula. Ha hutede ai ke sakale la comida apalte: hutede son lo ke ma saven en la bolita del mundo i el potesito yeno 'e sangre.

Ce?ore, gringo e' gringo, lo dem? e' monte i kulebra!

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Llo soi dominicano i bengo ak? pa' haprend? abl? kon hutede, lo gringo, lo matatane, lo ke ma' saven. Polke la beld? e', ke hutede saven de to', DE TO', kon letra mall?cula. Ha hutede ai ke sakale la comida apalte: hutede son lo ke ma saven en la bolita del mundo i el potesito yeno 'e sangre.

Ce?ore, gringo e' gringo, lo dem? e' monte i kulebra!

Stop dragging chupacabras into this.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003

Responses have been provided in post #2 and #7. Please refer to them accordingly.

CLOSED

-MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.