Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: The future???

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The future???

    I think someone said this was going to happen. I can see more of this happening but only in the tourist areas and you will probably pay more. You know they will add on that 18% and he has to cover the processing fee.


    https://youtu.be/EqnxAai2UfQ

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this is nothing new, it has been done for years elsewhere. the problem i see with taxi drivers moving forward with using this technology is the fact they would likely have to be registered. in any case, i hope it catches on.

  3. #3
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    this is nothing new, it has been done for years elsewhere. the problem i see with taxi drivers moving forward with using this technology is the fact they would likely have to be registered. in any case, i hope it catches on.
    It's been done in DR for years? Yes nothing new elsewhere, but here in DR?

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Then also the taxes come.........

    And another possibility for scams with credit-cards............

  5. Likes msmfgf liked this post
  6. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ask befor you get in the price....

  7. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RG84 View Post
    I think someone said this was going to happen. I can see more of this happening but only in the tourist areas and you will probably pay more. You know they will add on that 18% and he has to cover the processing fee.


    https://youtu.be/EqnxAai2UfQ
    Will never happen in Santo Domingo Centro. The closest thing I can vision is possibly a pre-pay with credit card at the airport.

  8. Likes RG84 liked this post
  9. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RG84 View Post
    It's been done in DR for years? Yes nothing new elsewhere, but here in DR?
    yeah, hardly the "future". more like the "past" because new payment technologies have been developed since. but DR is still in the middle ages.

  10. Likes msmfgf liked this post
  11. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Never would I give my credit card to a taxi driver in the d.r.. You can't even use money machines at banks without out getting your card cloned.

  12. Likes curlando, markryan, msmfgf liked this post
  13. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drescape24 View Post
    Never would I give my credit card to a taxi driver in the d.r.. You can't even use money machines at banks without out getting your card cloned.
    Too much dishonesty in DR. Why take a chance with your credit card with an individual you will never see again. Just pay in dollars, Euros or pesos.

  14. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    29,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will only use an out of country credit card here in an emergency. Even local credit cards are prone to fraud. The fraud is most often perpetrated at the credit card processing centers.

    Those "happy" people in the video or likely to be "unhappy" when they get home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •