Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Alternatives to all-inclusive in Las Terrenas?

    We'll be driving to Las Terrenas for about 3-4 days, and we still don't know where to stay. We usually stay at Bahia Principe El Portillo, but the last few times haven't been that great.

    So we're thinking of avoiding the all-inclusive and staying somewhere else (a Bed&Breakfast maybe?), and then go to lunch or dinner at restaurants nearby. The only requirement is that it has direct access to the beach, that it's a nice place and, if possible, has a good breakfast included.

    Our budget is basically what I would pay for the all-inclusive, about $150/day for everything. I was looking at something similar to Vista Mare, but in Las Terrenas. It'll be my girlfriend and I.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trip Advisor and word of mouth recommend Hotel Alisie,i love the beach at El Portillo,but the the food was mas o menos.Has anybody stayed at Sublime Samana ? Looks nice

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Playa Bonita is very nice - excellent beach.

    One restaurant is run by the chef of a former French Prime Minister ( I'm told - Mitterand?)

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In playa bonita the place with the french chef is hotel atlantis. It is our favourite.

  5. Likes ju10prd liked this post
  6. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vmhatup View Post
    We'll be driving to Las Terrenas for about 3-4 days, and we still don't know where to stay. We usually stay at Bahia Principe El Portillo, but the last few times haven't been that great.

    So we're thinking of avoiding the all-inclusive and staying somewhere else (a Bed&Breakfast maybe?), and then go to lunch or dinner at restaurants nearby. The only requirement is that it has direct access to the beach, that it's a nice place and, if possible, has a good breakfast included.

    Our budget is basically what I would pay for the all-inclusive, about $150/day for everything. I was looking at something similar to Vista Mare, but in Las Terrenas. It'll be my girlfriend and I.

    Thanks.
    Hotel Aliesi or Hotel Colbri are both very nice and right across the beach road from the ocean on Playa Las Ballenas which is the nicest beach in LT. Either one of those will be a good choice and location.

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by London_Calling View Post
    In playa bonita the place with the french chef is hotel atlantis. It is our favourite.
    great little place

    the OP should try it.... every room is different, right?

    I have only visited , never stayed the night

  8. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hotel ATLANTIS in Las Terrenas.

    fits the budget....+/- $100/night for two people

  9. Likes Tamborista, tommeyers liked this post
  10. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sorry but to me those kind of prices a real rip off prices there are lots of good hotels in LT at much more reasonable prices and priced in RDPesos not US$.

  11. #9
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Hotel ATLANTIS in Las Terrenas.

    fits the budget....+/- $100/night for two people
    I'll second that, restaurant on-site too with good service.

  12. #10
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granca View Post
    I'm sorry but to me those kind of prices a real rip off prices there are lots of good hotels in LT at much more reasonable prices and priced in RDPesos not US$.
    I don't understand about pricing in pesos vs dollars? What is the difference? If it is different what about euros?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •