Rain in Cabarete this morning

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A good amount of rain this morning in Cabarete. Normally not newsworthy, but after many weeks of little to no rain, it is a relief.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
15+ minutes of steady rain in Cabrera early AM. Need similiar for a few days but all plants smiling and nodding positively for now.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Between yesterday and today we have had enough rain that the gardens have gone from semi dark brown to tan. It's a start

Bob K

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To: Whatever deity may be listening.

Please send me some rain. I don't often ask you for anything and I hope that fact will find favour with you. I don't want a hurricane or a torrential downpour that washes away the hillside or floods the low lying areas. A gentle soaking will suffice. Ideally, one 24 hour period to get this started, take a break for a day, then 4 or 5 consecutive waterings between 7pm and 7am would be most welcome.

I watch the sky, see the dark clouds, but inevitably they blow over or dissipate before delivering their load. What rain you have sent my way this year is just not enough to sustain all the new plantings I have a mi casa and I just can't keep up with their needs.

If you need me to toss an offering into the sea or better yet, consume an offering on your behalf, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I was about to protest that I am in Cabarete and I had no rain this morning but then I saw that someone had re-opened this old thread, with an out of date headline, for some reason!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Gringo is trying to find a thread where he won't be vilified....

the weather is a safe topic - usually

hahaha

May 29, 2006
If you garden, one of the hot new things to do is add ground up charcoal into your soil. Acts like a sponge during droughts and lasts over 100 years. Check Youtube out for Biochar videos.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was about to protest that I am in Cabarete and I had no rain this morning but then I saw that someone had re-opened this old thread, with an out of date headline, for some reason!

It happens. At least there was some rain last night. We were in Sosua for the concerts on Playa Alicia and when we came back was happy to see some rain had fallen in Cabarete. Nothing fell on Playa Alicia during the shows.