Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the poorest dominicans don't eat

El salario mínimo no alcanza ni para comer en República Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

theoretically, those making minimum salaries should not be alive at all, accordingly to diario libre. you may remember complete failure of an article i posted few days ago regarding the basic costs of power/water/internet in relation to the minimum salaries. today we find that the poorest must sustain themselves on cosmic energy or else how would they be able to survive is the cost of food alone was 150% of their monthly salary...

speaking of which, the is an ongoing discussion about increasing minimum salary. the workers wanted 30%, then 25% and now 20% more, the employers are offering 10%.
    El Caribe » Empresarios desisten de reclasificar empresas; ofrecen 10% de aumento

either way, it's all for naught because as soon as the salaries go up, so do the prices.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

The People will rise up against the capitalista running dogs!

3. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The poor SURVIVE, by having several wage earners in the same house.
    The more earners,the better they scrape by.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Dominicans don't usually live alone, they live with other poor Dominicans and pool their money to eat. Many don't see meat on their plates all week.

They do seem to find 60 pesos to buy a bottle of Clarien [sp??] though.

Administrator
    DR1.com

6. Likes TP666, keepcoming, redserge liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

they pick fruit from the trees, they grow vegetables....

they don't starve.... not our diet but they survive

8. Likes sosuamatt, redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The people will do nothing, it is a pathetic selfish society that are too dumb to know how to stand up for thier right, or fight for rights. And those with the intelligdnce and knowhow are employed by the government to selfishly not educate thier neighbours.
    Selfish defines Dominican society better than any other word (apart from dumb obviously) Created and moulded that way, too far gone to know it.

10. Dislikes bárbaro disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

just to clarify, i am familiar with how dominicans manage. i was being sarcastic towards overly dramatic tone of DL.

12. Likes redserge liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen a Dominican without a cell phone stuck to the side of his or her head. I think thier priorities could be slightly out of whack. Cell phones and internet service are not necessities of life.

14. Likes Criss Colon, redserge liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    I have never seen a Dominican without a cell phone stuck to the side of his or her head. I think thier priorities could be slightly out of whack. Cell phones and internet service are not necessities of life.
    Maybe in the cities and tourist areas. Most of the Dominicans who live around us [campo] do not have a cell phone - and if they do, there are no minutes on them, they can only receive calls. When we want the pedicure lady to come, for example, a kid is sent down the road to tell her.

Until you get out into the boonies, you haven't seen poor people.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Always!

Quote Originally Posted by HUG View Post
    The people will do nothing, it is a pathetic selfish society that are too dumb to know how to stand up for thier right, or fight for rights. And those with the intelligdnce and knowhow are employed by the government to selfishly not educate thier neighbours.
    Selfish defines Dominican society better than any other word (apart from dumb obviously) Created and moulded that way, too far gone to know it.
    Well, Hug, I have seen unselfish behavior from a Dominican. The last time I had a dental group working in Puerto Plata one of the women I hired to keep the bathrooms and treatment rooms clean always refused to eat the plato del día I purchased for her, and for every other worker at the site. She'd say, "más tarde" when I would tell her it was time to eat, but then I would see her leaving the site with the meal (she lived across the street). Turns out she was refusing to eat because she wanted to take the meal to her kids who were at home. In my estimation, that is unselfish behavior.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast