Needed - Photoshop/Graphic Artist

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't know photoshop very well and currently have no graphics software installed. I need to add street names and lot info to a scan of a community map so that it may then be given to a printing shop to be enlarged and printed.

Anyone up for the challenge? The file can easily be exchanged via email so it doesn't matter where you are located. Compensation for your efforts is expected.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To everyone else,

I've been inundated with offers and proposed solutions. Thx. I'll be in touch when the details of the project get finalized at a meeting tomorrow (hope so anyway).

Rgds.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you can type text on a picture with paint, pretty simple to use and I think most computers have it installed

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
you can type text on a picture with paint, pretty simple to use and I think most computers have it installed

If he's doing roads, chances are you'll need to rotate the map to put some of the text on. I don't think Paint can do that.

If it's not a lot of text, I could do it fairly easy no charge. But if there is going to be some substantial time involved, I wouldn't be able to.

There's also Gimp. It's a free download very similar to Photoshop.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I want to limit the amount of time I need to spend learning how to do all this, trial and error and all that. It shouldn't be a big job. You are correct, i need to rotate image to print street names on those streets that run up and down.

All told, about 12 street names, about 40 lots that need 3 short lines of text each and the ability for the final result to be scaleable so it will print clearly when enlarged by a printing company from an 8 X 11 image to one about 3 feet x 3 or 4 feet so it can be put on a wall as a reference. Since no colours involved I'm hoping that a large plotter will be able to render the desired result.

I will look at some of the software suggestions offered and if I get get it to work out relatively easily great. If not, I'll ship the project off to someone who can do it faster and more efficiently than me. I don't have any photoshop type experience and find the idea of manipulating image layers daunting. Maybe that's because I am inebriated all the time...