Title Registry Office for Realestate - Can be checked online or only in person?

Genevieve Gohier

Jun 22, 2015
I'm interested in doing a property ownership search in a place in La Boca - Is the only way to check the ownership at the Registries Office in POP in person, or can I somehow do this from the USA?

Thank you!~

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My guess is you'll need to go in person or send somebody...

and FYI, your use of the ' ~ ' brings back good memories of a DR1er who used it all the time.

If he ever returns,,, he may ask for it back:devious:

Genevieve Gohier

Jun 22, 2015
My guess is you'll need to go in person or send somebody...

and FYI, your use of the ' ~ ' brings back good memories of a DR1er who used it all the time.

If he ever returns,,, he may ask for it back:devious:

Thanks for the advice, wish there was a better and easier way. Nothing is ever quick and simple in the DR.

Genevieve Gohier

Jun 22, 2015
Unfortunately we don't know who the owner is or what is the exact code for the property. We do know the one next to it though.We're trying to find the property in the registry so that we can contact the owner.

Anyone know anyone appropriate for a registry search?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for the advice!! Any idea how much that would set me back? I have an idea that this will be a LONG processes. I'm pretty familiar with the o'l "manana" saying.

if the land is 'deslinded'.... not that hard.... if not, longer time frames

I had one deal get thrown out the window for ever over a poor title.
The next two deals breezed through.

Delsinde is the key.... ask that first

Genevieve Gohier

Jun 22, 2015
The fees for obtaining a LEGAL title to property currently runs about $1200 US, at least on the east coast of the island, using an attorney to do all the research and footwork. Good Luck!

Thanks Tashi - Do you know if this $1200 would be a one time payment..or a monthly. I'm sure that they'll find a way to keep taxing on the fees if they can.

thank you!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Try a surveyor.... I found my neighbor's info that way

agrimensor (I think)
he'll know everything, deslinde or not, owner info... todo

and not expensive

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Genevieve,
The La Boca area has many problems and I would suggest you get an "Independent Abogado " to do the search. I may be able to recomemend one that is not in "CarteL"

Olly and the Team