whale watching

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
hi,

I would like to start offering whale watching excursions with my boat, from puerto bahia samana. Does anyone knowhat qualifications should be met in order to obtain a licence from medio ambiente?

thanx

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
You not only need a licence from Medio Ambiente.......

Besides all of that, there is a limited amount of boats allowed and competition is fierce.....me personally wouldn't even come close to this "scene"

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
8 to 10 week window for best results. Mid Jan to mid March is the best time. Competing with hundreds of other boats. If your not a Dominican you won't stand a chance.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
8 to 10 week window for best results. Mid Jan to mid March is the best time. Competing with hundreds of other boats. If your not a Dominican you won't stand a chance.

That's what i thought of fishing with tourists out of ocean world as well, but is no problem at all overthere. I would like to offer whalewatching out of the luxurious marina of Puerto Bahia Samana...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might want to talk to Kim Bedall (?)...she is the pioneer and most important provider of whale watching
boats in Saman?...if you offer something special, perhaps you can strike a deal.

I do know that this year a friend of mine went out there and could not find a boat.

However, there are hoops to jump through...So start now getting your ducks in line.

Luck to you....it is an amazing experience.

HB