5th Gas Station ( La Bomba) being constructed now just south of Barcelo.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Also I noticed the "Street Lights" on that stretch from Barcel? to PRV.. Maybe they have been there for a while, but just noticed them today...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The more stations there are, the easier it will be to fill, but there is no competition, so the price will stay the same. It is a lot more convenient NOT to have to drive all the way to Fruisa or the Airport to gas-up.

In the DR EVERY gas station has the exact same set of prices that is set by the Government.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
T-S-Dad,
between Friusa and the airport there is a number of Gas Stations already open.
at the airport itself i would not know of any gas station.
but shortly after crossing the traffic lights of Veron(coming from the airport towards the Bavaro area, you have the old Shell Gas Station at the highway.
3 driving minutes after that you have at the next traffic light, the Coco Loco Crossing, 2 Gas Stations at the same crossing, one each side. the Sunix at the Downtown Punta Cana and the Mobile(unsure about the name, it's the Blue one) on the other side of the crossing.
if you take the road via the beach/thru El Cortecito, you have the Texaco at the entrance to Plaza Bavaro.
and 3 minutes later you are at the Friusa Crossing with it's Gas Station.
looks impossible to live somewhere in between and beeing "far" from the next station.
almost impossible to leave the house by car toi anywhere and not pass by a station within just a few driving minutes.

Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Should be one being constructed soon close to the airport also. If I'm not mistaken, it'll be across the road from Blue Mall.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, Kate, that is what i heard, too.
the Gas station coverage is fantastic all around.
and if you leave the highway to veron, up at the old Veron crossing is still the oldest gas station of all punta cana, the Shell.
passing Bavaro on the Highway towards the north just 10 minutes later is the gas station of Macao, the Texaco.
entering the highway Coral has now also a new gas station on the way to la romana open, that one was really necessary, as there was nothing between punta cana and boca chica without leaving the highway.

Mike