Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new member: the family story continues...

http://dr1.com/forums/new-members-in...ew-member.html

for anyone who wants to give more comments... Always welcome...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Valerie, welcome to DR1, were DR is not good enough for anyone, but we still live here .
    I see you live in Bella Vista, there's a restaurant called La Lasagna pretty good food, I work in BV too, if you and your boyfriend are looking for people to talk or hang feel free to pm me

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valeriev View Post
    http://dr1.com/forums/new-members-in...ew-member.html

for anyone who wants to give more comments... Always welcome...
    "Family problems" = normal.
    98% of mariages between dominicano(a) and extrangero (a) ending by divorce in the first 5 Years.
    (Embassy of France).
    Typical reaction of the extrangero(a) : My novio is different.....

The future expat never listen the consejos. They only want a confirmation of their fantaisies and dreams....

4. Likes jd426 liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

To me this relationship seems to have a better than average chance of success. He has a master's degree, she is a teacher, he is multi-lingual, has a good job and so does she.

A mother of an only child is understandably over-protective, it's not easy for her to accept daughter moving to another country so far away, especially if she's a controlling type.

Administrator
    DR1.com

6. Likes Africaida, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HIRAM View Post
    "Family problems" = normal.
    98% of mariages between dominicano(a) and extrangero (a) ending by divorce in the first 5 Years.
    (Embassy of France).
    Typical reaction of the extrangero(a) : My novio is different.....

The future expat never listen the consejos. They only want a confirmation of their fantaisies and dreams....
    That 98% figure is the people who comes on vacations and bring back the love of their life to France after 3 trips.
    OP is in a different situation (see AE post). Her man has a master degree, he is not a merenguero from a resort. Plus, they are not married.

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever is the future of the relationship between Valerie and her boyfried, she has the right to life her life as she pleases... Even if her relationshipd ends up in a year, she will learn from the experience. Who are we to tell her what's good or bad for herself ??

Valérie, I am a mother and I would never tell my kids to do this or that. I don't put my nose in their business. If they hit a wall or get hurt, they won't me the same mistake twice. And I NEVER use emotional blackmail... God knows how much I HATE that kind of blackmail...

I have only 1 advice for you girl... RUN and do what you want !! You have the right to have YOUR own life... If your mother is alone and lonely, that's not your problem... Tell her to get a life and leave YOUR life alone.

Écoutes ton coeur Valérie.

10. Likes Africaida, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlise View Post
    Whatever is the future of the relationship between Valerie and her boyfried, she has the right to life her life as she pleases... Even if her relationshipd ends up in a year, she will learn from the experience. Who are we to tell her what's good or bad for herself ??

Valérie, I am a mother and I would never tell my kids to do this or that. I don't put my nose in their business. If they hit a wall or get hurt, they won't me the same mistake twice. And I NEVER use emotional blackmail... God knows how much I HATE that kind of blackmail...

I have only 1 advice for you girl... RUN and do what you want !! You have the right to have YOUR own life... If your mother is alone and lonely, that's not your problem... Tell her to get a life and leave YOUR life alone.

Écoutes ton coeur Valérie.
    Bien dit !

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Bien dit !
    and bendito to you, too.

13. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you AE this is a totally different situation compared to most of the ones we hear on dr1! The dude has a Masters a decent job and studied overseas!

15. Likes jd426, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Advice

Quote Originally Posted by charlise View Post
    ...I have only 1 advice for you girl... RUN ...........
    I agree.

donP

17. Likes jd426, kampinge liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast