Matancitas questions

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
We go to Las Terrenas for the occasional weekend getaway from the capitol but with the new highway and more flights going into the airport up there it seems like the place is beginning to get too busy and crowded these days. Looking at the map it looks like Matancitas just to the east of Nagua would be just as convenient to get to and from what I can tell, there looks like lots of nice beach in the area.

Are there inexpensive hotels and restaurants in town geared more toward Dominican taste. ie ceiling fans as opposed to A/C, ocean view not required, etc. Kid friendly a must.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From my limited trips east along the main highway from Cabarete to Las Terrenas, I would say there would be nothing but Dominican food and basic places to stay from Nagua until you hit the Las Terranas area.
Someone may be able to help with a place to stay in the town of Matancitas, but I don't remember even seeing it on the drive. Try this link also, a few hotels show up west of that town with most being in Nagua.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...1!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x20d60256939fdebb

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just passed there a few times this week

Benidorm is the largest place... looks clean..... there are others but I can
t recall the names.

Large beaches along that stretch.