Water Shortage -Coraapplata Takes Action ???

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Disconnection and Reconnection of Water ??

Is Coraapplata taking some action to disconnect those that have not paid or do not have contracts?
Does anyone know what reasons they are using ?

IMG_4627_zpsxbt11scd.jpg

IMG_4626_zpsriq93d86.jpg

I am sure DV* will know !

Olly and the Team

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was in the coraaplata office so i asked. apparently they are disconnecting those who did not pay for 3 months. probably more of a wishful thinking here. re-connection fee is 800 pesos.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Might be useful if they would fix the leaks.There's a main at the top of Pedro C that's been running for days.They have been notified it seems but still flowing nicely down the drain this morning.....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i was in the coraaplata office so i asked. apparently they are disconnecting those who did not pay for 3 months. probably more of a wishful thinking here. re-connection fee is 800 pesos.

You mean like those who are expected to pay when they haven't had water through the pipes in ages??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You mean like those who are expected to pay when they haven't had water through the pipes in ages??

you need to stop injecting common sense into the world of dominican government institutions. it's blasphemous. :devious:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

CORAAPLATA got their legal department to drag my buddy before a fiscal in POP for debts unpaid, even though he had never gotten a drop of water in 2 years. a guy we know told us that there was no water on his street, and never has been. he thought it would be his knockout punch when he went to court. the guy from the water company admitted that he was right, but the fiscal still made him pay.

only in the DR.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DV* - Do people have to pay the arrears before they can be reconnected?

And it is not just wishful thinking on the part of Coraapplata - I have actually witnessed someone being disconnected and later found that about 5 houses had been done that day.

Not sure what notice you get either.

Perhaps you could help us all DV*

Olly and the Team

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can call and ask. i have also been told that CORAAPLATA has an "offer" now: if you pay your debt all at once they will give you a discount.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Water Being Cut Off !

Water is being Cut Off at a number of houses in Perla Marina today. The Truck from Corraapplata is there right now!

More for those of us who pay!

Olly and the Team

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Water is being Cut Off at a number of houses in Perla Marina today. The Truck from Corraapplata is there right now!

More for those of us who pay!

Olly and the Team

What kind of water pressure have you been getting there?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
We would love to pay for water, but have not received any for 3 or more years. they can cut it off as far as I am concerned. They came here a couple of years ago with shovels and pick axes and said pay or we cut you off. I told them to cut me off... they
walked away lol

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We would love to pay for water, but have not received any for 3 or more years. they can cut it off as far as I am concerned. They came here a couple of years ago with shovels and pick axes and said pay or we cut you off. I told them to cut me off... they
walked away lol

Where?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The distribution system is bad, sure, but you would think that the pipes would have had flowing water once in the last three years. If the surrounding neighbours get water sporadically, then chances are that a valve is shut off somewhere to this property, no?