Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Payoneer MC Debit Card

Hi,

I will receive funds weekly paid via a Debit Card from Payoneer which will save me approx. 150 USD a month in wire transfer fees.

Question. I am a little (no very ) reluctant to use ATM's outside of banks.

I am with BHD. Can I transfer somehow from the Debit Card to my account or do I have to withdraw the cash and then deposit it into my account?

The card is in USD. Is there a way to get the dollars? I guess cash advance at the teller would only be in DOP as at the ATM or?

Little confused now, any input? Monday morning, d'oh...

Thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a checking account and deposit the checks into a US dollar account or have the checks cashed by a money changer and deposit them into a peso account.

All ATMs are pesos only and there is no way to transfer from the Payoneer USD account in the USA without using a wire transfer to the DR.

At least you can use an ATM to withdraw pesos as you need them. There will likely be losses due to ATM charges and Forex rates that way.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Errm. Payoneer is a Debit Card (not a USD account) where you have your funds available in hours instead of days and much cheaper than a wire transfer.

I can't have a checking account since I am not a US citizen and checks etc. takes way too long for my taste anyways. I am already mad when that damn BPD was delaying my wire transfers on purpose.

ATM I know is only pesos. My question was cash advance at the teller but I can imagine this would be pesos only too. Well, anyways. I will just take out at the ATM and deposit in my account.

Let me explain. When you work i.e. as a freelancer on a market such as elance or upwork outside of the US you can opt to be paid via wire transfer to your bank account which cost you 30 USD each time or via paypal which is no option since in DR I can't get the paypal debit card. That leaves one option which is the mentioned Payoneer MC Debit Card.

It is no situation of getting this or that instead. The question is what is the easiest form to get the funds from the card? I think it will be ATM only (yet I don't like to go to the ATM each week...) and then depositing into the account which will be approx. 20 USD less each transfer which is fine.
    Last edited by caribmike; 09-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can now get PayPal deposited into Popular account and it costs 10 USD for each deposit transfer.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you will be building a big credit on that card.
    I know of no way to squeeze US$$ out RD ATM's.

The Payoneer is your nest egg............. until you get to a US based island.....
    like a ferry ride to PR.

6. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'll leave dollars on and take in DOP just what I need. Unfortunately the possible maximum to leave on the card is 10 K USD...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    You can now get PayPal deposited into Popular account and it costs 10 USD for each deposit transfer.
    I know but I am done with BPD. Latest wire transfer initiated last Tuesday 8 PM was finally deposited into my account today at 11 AM despite they have to do that in btwn 48 hours. Had to call these abusadores 3 (!) times this time. They come up with a new excuse every single time.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there no way to get Direct Deposit into a BHD Dollar Account?

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Is there no way to get Direct Deposit into a BHD Dollar Account?
    Of course there is and I will open one after I cancelled my one I have at BPD now. But this doesn't save me from the 30 USD wire transfer fees I get deducted every time I get paid that way...

Oh, wait. Do you mean direct deposit from that Payoneer card? This would be exactly what I would like... but I doubt it...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Of course there is and I will open one after I cancelled my one I have at BPD now. But this doesn't save me from the 30 USD wire transfer fees I get deducted every time I get paid that way...

Oh, wait. Do you mean direct deposit from that Payoneer card? This would be exactly what I would like... but I doubt it...
    if you can do "Transfers/Wires" from that card online, you could wire it to a DR bank's USDollar account of yours and would have your savings in US$Dollars.
    i have a BHD Dollar account and do not use it since years anymore.
    i formerly used it for transfers from a foreign account to this dollar account.
    sometimes it went completely smooth, money been available here on the US$ account within 3 days,
    but many times it was still not shown on the balance after 10 days and i had to run calls to get it "investigated".
    each "investigation" brought to light that the dollars left my foreign account right away, that stuff does then go via different bank locations(i think New York was always involved if i remember correctly), and arrived at BHD Dominicana timely, but been hold by them for days for "never explained" reasons.

MIke

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast