polish yacht sinks on route from luperon to samana

El Pescador

Sep 13, 2015
I think he forgot to shut the screen door........ Glad he only has a cut on his foot and did not lose his life.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
According to my vast (not) knowledge of sailing along the North Coast, that is not an easy trip to make, requiring a lot of tacking back and forth, because the winds are adverse.

On his inaugural trip, the Admiral C. Columbus tried to go east, but ended up having to go north as far a Bermuda before he found favorable winds. It;s not that you CAN'R go east, it is just more work. Sailers in the know usually go that way in the very early dawn hours.

Just saying.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my friend invited me on a boat trip last week, i could not go. all for the better because the see was difficult and they lost one engine. and that was just around POP area. then the week before a boat was caught stuck on the rocks around costambar. looks like this is not a particularly easy task.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
my friend invited me on a boat trip last week, i could not go. all for the better because the see was difficult and they lost one engine. and that was just around POP area. then the week before a boat was caught stuck on the rocks around costambar. looks like this is not a particularly easy task.

Were you the party of 2 who did not show up on Sat for the fishing trip ? LOL.. the boat that lost the port Engine, blown cooling hose.?
( I doubt it, but that is a funny coincidence)....
The ocean couple miles off shore is no joke, totally UNLIKE the beaches we enjoy. Not un manageable but certainly more windy than I ever expected...

as to the OP, glad the man is Alive with just minor injuries ... heck with the Boat, can be replaced ..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't think there was any fishing planned for our trip, ha ha ha.

judging by the picture the yacht is on shallow water, maybe it can be lifted and fixed? i know nada about boating so forgive me if this is a dumb idea.