Quiz in Sosua?

TheViking

Jun 24, 2015
Would like to join a team.

Certainly qualified in wintersports, physics, occational chemistry, odd facts, classical music, general history.
Totally useless in 90 music, wordpuzzles and everything not mentioned above..

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

Certainly qualified in wintersports, physics, occational chemistry, odd facts, classical music, general history.

I might be interested, as I live here, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Which makes me nervous. WTF ARE you?

TheViking

Jun 24, 2015
I might be interested, as I live here, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Which makes me nervous. WTF ARE you?

If WTF means where TF: Sosua.
If WTF means who TF: I have introduced myself. Have been running quizzes in pubs for years before coming here, and been a regular participant on quiz teams.
Are You not familiar with the concept pubquiz?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
If WTF means where TF: Sosua.
If WTF means who TF: I have introduced myself. Have been running quizzes in pubs for years before coming here, and been a regular participant on quiz teams.
Are You not familiar with the concept pubquiz?

I love those things.

I wish they had that for Wii, XBOX, or a computer version you could play at your home bar.

They probably do, I should look.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
drSix,

For a steady supply of cerveza, I will sit at your bar for as long as you need and at predetermine intervals read out questions from trivial pursuit...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
drSix,

For a steady supply of cerveza, I will sit at your bar for as long as you need and at predetermine intervals read out questions from trivial pursuit...

Funny you should mention that. My parents are bringing some of the old board games we used to play to add to my bar. Including TRIVIAL PURSUIT.

I love that game.

I may take you up on the offer, I'm entering the dreaded week three of work... Almost done.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
drSix,

I've told you before:

1) Stop working. Your wife is employed, that should be enough. If not, suggest she get a second job.
2) Stop teasing me with invitations. My social secretary is peeved because every time you offer, I scream clear my schedule and nothing happens.
3) I'm famous you know so I am used to being picked up in really classy cars. Buy a nice one. :)

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
drSix,

I've told you before:

1) Stop working. Your wife is employed, that should be enough. If not, suggest she get a second job.

LOL~ She's working for an NGO and make a Dominican salary, she makes about enough to pay the nanny and put gas in the car to get her there! I'm close though. She's getting tired of her job, and I've almost got her convinced to switch-a-room. Stay at home dad here I come!
2) Stop teasing me with invitations. My social secretary is peeved because every time you offer, I scream clear my schedule and nothing happens.

Yea, I uh, actually had a party last time I was home. Problem is, I don't DR1 when I am home! I thought of you though. I was drink, belly full of cheeseburger, sitting at my bar cleaning up and I thought "Damnit, I forgot to invite that Gringo fella"

3) I'm famous you know so I am used to being picked up in really classy cars. Buy a nice one. :)

I have a horse... You should be able to just jump the fence. Maybe we can train the horse to get you from my house to your house on auto pilot, just in case you are incapacitated. It works in the old westerns anyways.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Let me know. I'm in Puerto Plata but could easily hop the local transport to Sosua. I'm in need of some time with English speakers. Love these people, but ... trying to be delicate....., critical thinking or spatial reasoning isn't one of their strengths.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
We will be starting quiz for the season some time in November, it will be thursday nights at 8 pm. In costambar. You can keep iin touch and I will let you know when we start.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015

Easily the funniest and oft incoherent thread in a while. Viking, to get it back on track because I love trivia and am a Viking, what is it you are offering?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Trivial Pursuit....

I'm sure many of you know the story...
3 or 4 unemployed, beer drinking Cdns passed their time playing this type of game,
then one of the genii suggested selling the idea.

Seriously, between beers & questions he suggested it.

Voila !!.. Millionaires, every one.... stupid rich !!

chic is next in line.....