Dominican Couple on Bar Rescue Show.

May 29, 2006
Watching it on HULU. Hubby runs the bar into $300K debt, drinks and flirts. Pretty good episode though they did a product placement of Bacardi instead of a Dominican brand.

'Til debt do us part, Season 4, Episode 32

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Love that show, and I can only imagine what happens knowing the dominicans..... can't wait to see it...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Some things dont change. Cannot wait to see the Dom hubby rehabbed into a positive, hard working productive business owner.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Saw the show last night. The large majority, if not all, of the "Bar Rescue" programs I've seen are exactly the same.

The reason why these bars are run into the ground is because the people running them are not business people. This Dominican guy is a trip. He's an alcoholic womanizer, his business is failing, his marriage is failing, and his family is his last priority. And Jon Taffer is going to remake him in 36 hours? The guy's mother died two years ago and he's still in mourning? He gets served divorce papers the day Taffer is doing recon with hidden cameras inside the bar? C'mon, man.

This guy ain't gonna change, and his staff are not up to the task of making the place into a success. They seem old, slow, and unengaged. Most of the work has already been done for them when Taffer and crew upgraded the bar, but I don't see homeboy making a go of it. He seems like the type who'll let the money go to his head. I see him buying a sports car and running around with younger women. He'll be divorced very soon. Even if he does keep the bar, he's not a family man. He's a sucker looking to be a player.

May 29, 2006
I like the follow up shows. It's not just wannabes and drunks, though that is about half of them. Often it's guys who never update their bars or put money back into it, then new competition comes in and they can't compete. Lots to learn from the show if you're in the business. If you own a bar and are also a barfly, that's a bad sign.

My local hangout could def benefit from some of the ideas. The owner makes enough though, so he has an "If it ain't broke, don't fix" it attitude.

I read a good interview with Taffer. What happens is they pick four or more bars in a town to be on the short list for doing a show, then have hidden cameras put in. What surprizes Taffer is they know they're being filmed but still act like idiots and don't keep a clean place. They're oblivious to how bad they are.

Last edited: