Thanksgiving in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
Resident or not.

How will you guys spend your Thanksgiving?

Are you having your Thanksgiving in DR or in the States?

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
We will be with 24 family members in New England and then flying back to DR on Sunday. Enjoy it, IEatTravelCode.

kamili

Nov 17, 2015
Will be in New York for thanksgiving with family. I will be back in DR by 12/27. I am thankful my son is graduating on 12/22. My baby is heading to Chicago for his first job! They grow so fast!

Bon app?tit!
Buen provecho!
Hanyoutho
Guten Appetit!

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
First Thanksgiving in the DR for me,going to a restaurant that is having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanksgiving Day in DR, 1975, was the day I met my husband in Santo Domingo. Giving thanks.... :)

Back then it was a nightmare to find a turkey in DR, I'll never forget my friend coming on the plane with a 25 pound frozen Butterball over her shoulder. It was still frozen when we landed. Good memories.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Thanksgiving Day in DR, 1975, was the day I met my husband in Santo Domingo. Giving thanks.... :)

Back then it was a nightmare to find a turkey in DR, I'll never forget my friend coming on the plane with a 25 pound frozen Butterball over her shoulder. It was still frozen when we landed. Good memories.

Great story. My wife would say she found her turkey the very same day we met.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Going to Los Angeles to spend T-day with Beloved Son. Have not been to LA in more than 30 years and I'm very excited!

kamili

Nov 17, 2015
Sorry problems with wifi, was told it's du to the weather...???

Last edited:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
For the life of me, I couldnt even say what day thanksgiving is :(

Turkey is for the 25th of december !!!
Right afer the pierco asado of the 24 th..... best of both worlds :)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
It's my first Thanksgiving in the Campo..........
Don't know what the heck the family I know will be serving........
I just hope it's not dog or cat.......

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's my first Thanksgiving in the Campo..........
Don't know what the heck the family I know will be serving........
I just hope it's not dog or cat.......

Eeek... might be worth a trip to Santiago to buy them a turkey to cook.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Actually, they can't afford a turkey, so I will probably just buy a Butterball at Supermercado National........
Ya know, I never asked them, how would they even know about our Thanksgiving........
I do like Chivo a lot......maybe that's, the waytogo......:cheeky:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Actually, they can't afford a turkey, so I will probably just buy a Butterball at Supermercado National........
Ya know, I never asked them, how would they even know about our Thanksgiving........
I do like Chivo a lot......maybe that's, the waytogo......:cheeky:

I didn't expect them to buy it, haha.

I made chivo guisado for dinner tonight, yummy!!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
For the life of me, I couldnt even say what day thanksgiving is :(

Turkey is for the 25th of december !!!
Right afer the pierco asado of the 24 th..... best of both worlds :)

You got me thinking and not wishing to take anything away from this thread from those that will be celebrating Thanksgiving in a few days and wishing them well, your post is a reminder to ask the Brit members for advice on obtaining the best trimmings in DR for a traditional turkey roast, pudding, cake, mince pies and chocolates before we get to Christmas......with loads of festive drink too.

Maybe a separate thread?

I will recommend for those tucking into turkey for Thanksgiving and again Christmas Dinner, that they try and find a good old vine Zinfandel and California has had some excellent examples in years gone past.......works a wonder with the trimmings and cranberry especially

jwk1

May 30, 2009
www.ezpcusa.com
If anyone is looking for a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner, please consider Rocky's. All of the proceeds once the food cost is covered goes to charity. It is used to purchase Christmas Gifts that are distributes in December to the children the barrios that would not otherwise receive a Christmas Gift.

https://www.facebook.com/RockysBluesBar/

Dinner is RD$700 for a traditional dinner including Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Vegetables, Cranberry Sauce, and more. We do ask that you RSVP if you plan to come so that we have a general idea of how many to cook for. This helps keep the food cost down and allows more money for the gifts. However.... please feel free to come even if you cannot RSVP. Everyone is welcome!

For additional questions or RSVP, contact Jesse at 809-330-0594.

Status
Not open for further replies.