Do you live in California?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly, and Texan jokes, somebody had to come up with this, you know you're from California if:
1. Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Flower.
5. You can't remember .. . is pot illegal?
6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
8. You can't remember .. . . is pot illegal?
9.. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
11. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.
12. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
13. You can't remember .. . .is pot illegal?
14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."
15. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers.
16. Or It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
17. HEY!!!! Is pot illegal????
18. Both you AND your dog have therapists, psychics, personal trainers and cosmetic surgeons.
19. The Terminator was your governor.
2 0. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Funny, I live 60 miles outside LA, some are so true

2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
few years ago I bought a bank repo condo for 500,000 put 50% down and couldn't get it financed (have 850 credit score)

10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
true!

14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."
funny, but true, a sprinkle is a storm coming

3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
well in my park I never hear english, seldom in the market, sometimes I wonder if Im back in the DR :)

19. The Terminator was your governor.
Actually he wasn't that bad!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I lived in California for 10 years before moving to the DR. They are pretty much spot on.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
well, as to the kids with pagers..that is everywhere. i saw a cartoon on facebook where a guy was sitting in the park, just mellowing out. two girls walked by , took one look, and ran away. they said he must be a psychopath, because he did not have a laptop or a smartphone with him.

i went to a club in POP and sat at a table with some Bayardo types i know. husband, wife, three kids. nobody said a word to each other. everyone was too busy on the tablet. in POP.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
i went to a club in POP and sat at a table with some Bayardo types i know. husband, wife, three kids. nobody said a word to each other. everyone was too busy on the tablet. in POP.

When we go out to dinner as a family, as I park my wife opens the center console of the car and everyone puts their phone in. Now, when our children have parties at their apartments, they put a phone basket by the front door. They don't enforce it, but they say most people happily throw their phone in and enjoy the party. It is liberating to spend a weekend or more without a phone.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
As I grow older, I tend to relax my eyes... to the point that I wonder if I suffer from intermittent esotropia.

Case in point:

I read the title of this thread (...California) and the one below (francotirador), but I interpreted it as "Californication."

Nothing to do with last night's beers.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
As I grow older, I tend to relax my eyes... to the point that I wonder if I suffer from intermittent esotropia.

Case in point:

I read the title of this thread (...California) and the one below (francotirador), but I interpreted it as "Californication."

Nothing to do with last night's beers.

that?s what you tell yourself. we think otherwise..

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
One of my favorite South Park episodes is "Over Logging" or "The Day the Internet Stood Still."

Randy Marsh an family head out Californee way, in search of Internet access.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
You forgot....#21. You are an "actor" but you actually wait tables to make a living....

Haha!!! Same in NYC! We took our daughter out to dinner for her birthday. The waitress said, "I am Kristen for your dinner tonight.". Being obnoxious, I said, "Who will you be tomorrow night?". Without any hesitance she said, "Cordelia in King Lear at the Public Theatre".