Where to buy e-reader

JVasquez

Nov 25, 2015
Hi!

I want to gift someone an e-reader, with the price of books seemingly ridiculously high in this country. Is there any place I physically buy one?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

JVasquez

Nov 25, 2015
Amazon Us? Will the package actually make it to the recipient in Santo Domingo? And aren't shipping costs through the roof?

JVasquez

Nov 25, 2015
Also just checked out a review of that kindle fire, it's not really an e-reader so I'd have to buy one of the more expensive ones unless there are other option than Amazon

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Order it from the USA and have is shipped via a Miami Freight forwarder. We do this at least several times a month for various products.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I use an inexpensive Android based tablet to read books. The cheap Amazon Fire (about $50) will also work well indoors. If you want the one that can be read at the beach, then you would need to spend a bit more for that one from Amazon.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If all you want is an e-reader. Look at the Kindle Paperwhite on amazon.com. Lots of free books to be downloaded on amazon itself and all over the Web.

Currently discounted leading up to Xmas.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Also just checked out a review of that kindle fire, it's not really an e-reader so I'd have to buy one of the more expensive ones unless there are other option than Amazon

Any decent tablet can be used as a reader, jukebox, webcam, and a few other functions. The 7" tablets usually have an added benefit of usin micro-USB to charge. The Amazon Kindle app is a free program to read books purchased on Amazon, or you can download other free apps to use as a reader on the tablet.

Be careful of the super-low pricing. Sometimes those are subsidized with advertising and pop-up ads and (imo) are more vulnerable to external hacking.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

I had a kindle Fire and It was an e-reader as well. By the way, shipping charges are not expensive.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Anything except a true Kindle is going to be hard on the eyes long term because they are backlit. Kindle is the only one with the cool ink technology. I read constantly--like 3 books a week--and for a brief period when my Kindle died and I had to borrow another e-reader, I had a headache the size of Alaska. Most times one can go with a substitute or a generic, but in this case, Kindle is really the only option. IMHO.

You can buy them online at Amazon and it takes a week to get to your EPS account and then here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have no problem at all using a regular Anroid tablet to read books. Headache free on that.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I read on my Samsung S4 mini with the Kindle app. Used to have a Kindle until it was stolen. Although the screen is smaller (I read a lot and have no difficulty but know it isn't the same for everyone), I actually prefer to not have to lug around a tablet everywhere.