Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with inversor + computer.

Hey Guys!

I am having a really big problem with my computer and inversor lately and it's starting to get really frustrating.

I'm not sure how it started because this inversor is less then 2 year old, with brand new battery but for some reason it can't take my computer anymore, everytime the street luz go and my computer is on with a few other things on in the house the inversor shutdown to not overload, so i guess my PC is sucking too much juice. What's weird is that it worked fine for 16-20 months and now all of sudden it's shutting down everytime. Even connected to an UPS the UPS shut's down before the battery jump's in and it doesnt protect my computer.

I have a big gaming tower, not small laptop or anything. Anyway, is there anything I can do to give more power to my inversor? What are my options other then buying another inversor? it's a 1.5 sinwave with 4 battery's

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the inverter is not charging properly, sometimes la luz is too high, too low, too unstable.....
    Or maybe even inveter is workimg full time ( as in providing electricity ), happened to me once.... and i didnt notice to the lights went off

Just thoughts.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm not sure, my knowledge in this kind of thing is not really good, but from what I know both electrician and inversor company told me the inversor is working 100% like it should.

I think it's just that too many things are connected at the same time on the inversor.

some guys told me i could buy a card to put in the inversor and give it more power, but didnt really understand what he meant.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully someone with more knowlege can chime in.

I guess it depends on 1 hand of the inverters capacity ( shown in kwh, if i am not mistaken ) and on the other the # of batteries.

For an idea, i have 3,6k inverter ( i think ) and 8 batteries.
    Maybe 10 hours of street luz, if i am lucky.
    Well i can run an "american" type fridge, tv/dvd/stereo, ceiling fans, a chest freezer ( on low ) and of course lights and phone/tablet chargers.....
    The batteries never run out, now that i have a stabilizer. Before that, i could think the street luz was powering the stuff, when in fact it was the batteries.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, it sounds like your battery has reached the end of its useful life.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Battery's are brand new and works 8hrs+.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeanchris View Post
    Battery's are brand new and works 8hrs+.
    Then it sounds like the inverter is being overloaded and shutting down to protect itself.
    I would try a different inverter if possible to test that yours is indeed working properly.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with inversor + computer.

Yep that is exactly what they told me, its shutting down du to overload. it's only 1500w and I have a lot of fan's, tv etc connected to it so I guess it's not powerful enough. I don't miss luz more then a few hours a month so I didn't see the necesity of buying something more poweful, wish I knew hehe!

Is there anything I can do too boost my inverter? Or is there any other good options to power my PC without luz/inverter?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeanchris View Post
    Yep that is exactly what they told me, its shutting down du to overload. it's only 1500w and I have a lot of fan's, tv etc connected to it so I guess it's not powerful enough. I don't miss luz more then a few hours a month so I didn't see the necesity of buying something more poweful, wish I knew hehe!

Is there anything I can do too boost my inverter? Or is there any other good options to power my PC without luz/inverter?
    No such thing as boosting an existing inverter. What you need is a new inverter with a more powerful output section. The only thing that will work is upgrading the inverter to a 2.5 kW model. Trying to put a 2.5 kW output section into a 1.5 kW inverter would likely overload the transformer even it if fit.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You could have an electrician re-balance what items that will run off the inverter ie reduce the load if you do not want to buy a more powerful model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast