cabarete: american man dies following moto accident

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Even riding a bicycle and falling is enough to cause a fatal head blow. Head trauma is a big killer world wide. Brain bleeds often go undiagnosed as most people are not aware of the signs and symptoms. Ah, Ill be ok, its just a headache!. By the time they are really sick it can be too late. In the DR I doubt that the public hospitals have brain surgeons on standby.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, head injury is a sneaky fcuker because one may seem completely fine at first. as a kid i had lots of accidents and was always dragged to the emergency because of concussions.

RIP.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Even riding a bicycle and falling is enough to cause a fatal head blow. Head trauma is a big killer world wide. Brain bleeds often go undiagnosed as most people are not aware of the signs and symptoms. Ah, Ill be ok, its just a headache!. By the time they are really sick it can be too late. In the DR I doubt that the public hospitals have brain surgeons on standby.

And even simple accidents can do it. A five year old in our neighborhood back in Miami tipped a birdbath over on himself and it hit him in the head. The adults thought he was OK when they put him too bed, but he never woke up.
Der Fish

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From his Facebook page:

January 3 at 4:16pm

I USED TO BE - THE - UNLUCKIEST PERSON I KNEW... then this happened...

December 31, 2015 at 2:08am ?

as an INTROVERT - I literally have to force myself to post stuff, otherwise (since everyone is so FB-centric these days) will think something 'bad' has happened because i've 'disappeared' again. lol. whatever happened to on-the-fly phone calls? even personal texts? anyways, I'm alive and well