Casa Sanchez, Zona Colonial

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
After reading several posts about Casa Sanchez in ZC, we finally had a chance to stay there. Mr. AE and I spent New Year's Eve in the capital [nice evening at Club Naco] and we loved Casa Sanchez.

The owner did a fabulous job renovating the colonial building, and kept a lot of the original doors and some of the original floor tiles. The mix of old and new absolutely works. The staff is amazing, it was like visiting family, they were well trained and made our stay very pleasurable. Our room wasn't huge, but very comfortable - comfy bed, split AC with remote, very modern bathroom.

El Conde is about a half block away, it's been years since I've been there [so many years that the last time there were cars driving on it :) ]

The hotel also provided a secure/locked garage across the street for our car, and 24 hour security. We didn't get to meet the owner, as he was on vacation himself, but he deserves a great pat on the back for a job well done.

We'd go back without hesitation.

Michael Christopher

Mar 18, 2014
After reading several posts about Casa Sanchez in ZC, we finally had a chance to stay there. Mr. AE and I spent New Year's Eve in the capital [nice evening at Club Naco] and we loved Casa Sanchez.

The owner did a fabulous job renovating the colonial building, and kept a lot of the original doors and some of the original floor tiles. The mix of old and new absolutely works. The staff is amazing, it was like visiting family, they were well trained and made our stay very pleasurable. Our room wasn't huge, but very comfortable - comfy bed, split AC with remote, very modern bathroom.

El Conde is about a half block away, it's been years since I've been there [so many years that the last time there were cars driving on it :) ]

The hotel also provided a secure/locked garage across the street for our car, and 24 hour security. We didn't get to meet the owner, as he was on vacation himself, but he deserves a great pat on the back for a job well done.

We'd go back without hesitation.
I agree the place is wonderful

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
About $90 plus tax a night including breakfast, especially right now as it is peak season. Usually prices are very similar to the other boutique hotels like Palacio. It's worth emailing reservations@casasanchezhotel.com, mention you're a DR1 referral (there is an advert on here) and ask for a discount or a free upgrade to a suite. The suites are really nice, they have two rooms, a private kitchen and sitting room so they're like an apartment inside a hotel.

As an aside, it's always worth emailing a particular hotel, as they cannot offer lower rates than the sites like Hotels.com online - these sites contract and check daily that they are not being undercut. But they are allowed to discount to customers who email, or call, or walk in.