Presidential opinion polls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
When the polls move sharply in a week and against you, you call in the pollster to explain his errors..........

http://eldia.com.do/pld-pide-a-presidente-gallup-explicar-en-cual-encuesta-creer/

Web translation....

LDP asks President Gallup to explain in which survey believe

SANTO DOMINGO .-The Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) requested the President of Gallup Dominicana, Rafael Acevedo, to explain to the country in which survey believe, if in the posted this Monday morning today or a probe that was ordered to do by entrepreneurs 11 days after will be the one given to meet today, and in which Danilo Medina won 57% against a 27.8% of Luis Abinader.

The survey published Monday reveals that today be the presidential elections, the candidate of the Dominican Liberation Party, Danilo Medina, would receive the 51.8% of the votes of the electors of the Dominicans, while Luis Abinader, of the modern Revolutionary Party (DRP), would stay with 35.7% of the vote.

LDP members considered that the Gallup-today survey of Monday is inconsistent, to understand that in a period of 11 days the results differ when the survey was carried out by the same team and the same questions.

The Dominican Liberation Party offered a press conference attended by Reinaldo Pared P?rez, Secretary general of the LDP, Jos? Ram?n Fadul, Francisco Javier Garc?a, Tem?stocles Mont?s, and Ram?n Tejada Holgu?n.

"We have as internal politics in the party not to criticize the polls, but a fact so obvious we should do it," said Francisco Javier Garc?a.

Are they rattled? (it is the women that are maintaining Danilo's lead according to the Hoy poll of today)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think many slowly realize that Danilo's government has been worse than Leonel's, as in same corruption but less economic growth. I only heard people as negative about 4 years more when Hipolito.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
DR1 News.......

Alfonso, Cabrera poll gives 52.9% to Danilo Medina

A poll carried out 8-10 January 2016 by Alfonso, Cabrera y Asociados reveals that 52.9% of Dominican voters will vote for President Danilo Medina, 40.7% for Luis Abinader, and 4.7% for Guillermo Moreno. The remaining 1.7% of the vote was shared between the minority candidates. A total of 1,626 surveys were completed in the poll, which has a 2.43% plus or minus margin of error.

The company says that polls since March 2013 show President Medina consistently losing popularity. From March 2013 to January 2016, Medina lost 37.5 percentage points, while Luis Abinader gained 36.5 percentage points over the same period.

The comparison between Medina and Abinader over the years is:

March 2013: Medina 90.4%, Abinader 4.2%

October 2013: Medina 88.3%, Abinader 6.1%

January 2014: Medina 75.4%, Abinader 9.4%

October 2014: Medina 71.2%, Abinader 12.1%

January 2015: Medina 68.1%, Abinader 15.7%

July 2015: Medina 66.3%, Abinader 20.8%

October 2015: Medina 56.5%, Abinader 34.8%

November 2015: Medina 53.5%, Abinader 39.9%

December 2015: Medina 53.1%, Abinader 40.4%

January 2015: Medina 52.9%, Abinader 40.7%

Polling data is from earlier in January taken at the time of the earlier Gallup poll which was questioned.

It lists the massive shifts in support over the past ten months. The most recent polls in late January as above posts suggests that the trend continues.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It's good to see that the Dominican people don't buy Danilo's innocent face and realize there's more corruption in this government than Leonel's or Hipolito's.

I know Leonel was surrounded by a bunch of corrupt crooks but at least he had a clear vision of where the country should go. Danilo is nothing more than a populist.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
He is not a populist since there are not massive give away, he is just a guy who enjoys dropping his goverment's pants and offer behind to any foreigner that ask anything...be that American, Haitian or whatever...

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
My view is that Danilo will win in the first round of voting , maybe 60 to 40% or perhaps a little more . In relation to the presidential performance of Leonel and Danilo ,it is almost to give a educated view until all the advice that they were given by the various departments can be analysed. In most countries , there is a 10 or 20 year rule on the release. My assessment of Danilo is that he is hardworking,cautious and honest and that he is unlikely to go against the advice given to him by the Governor of the Central Bank and a few other senior beaurocrats. I will not be around when we are able to judge him properly but I hope he gets a good report card.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
My view is that Danilo will win in the first round of voting , maybe 60 to 40% or perhaps a little more .
You seem to have forgotten a tiny detail: DM won the presidency with 51%, escaping a runoff by a hair.

According to your "analysis", after 4 years of government, including many controversial decisions, loss of allies, corruption scandals, and the like....not only has DM managed to KEEP EACCH AND EVERYONE of the voters who supported him....he has done far more: he has kept all his voters PLUS added almost 1 for each 5 he previously got!

Unadulterated nonsense.

Of course it is technically possible for a president to keep the support he had as elected, and it is also possible for him to increase his support.

Possible, yes.

But it's extremely difficult to accomplish, unless there are very special circumstance. For example, he may have been elected in a 3-way election, with 3 major candidates, and reelected in the 2-way election. Another possibility is that there may have been MASSIVE improvement in the general well-being of the country (as measured by hard data, such as unemployment, inflation, GNP, crime rates, etc).

But none of the above has happened.

There is ZERO reason to believe that DM has KEPT the same level of support with which he started, much less that he has INCREASED his support.

The ONE poll that I trust (and I have solid reasons for that) has DM's support in the mid to high forties. And that is optimistic, among other reasons, because some people have difficulty admitting that they are against the government candidate when asked in face-to-face (non-secret) polls (they rather lie or not participate which tend to inflate the level of support of the government). The most likely range of support for DM is between 40 and 45 %.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
This is not a new word but it has been taken out of the dictionary and I think it needs to be put back in because it is here now..
Kakistocracy
pl. kak?is?toc?ra?cies. Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens. [Greek kakistos, worst, superlative of kakos, bad; see caco- + -cracy.]

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Where we live, most people belong to White Party/PRD. Many are unhappy with the PLD affiliation, and more than a few have admitted privately that they will vote for Abinader, while publicly supporting Danilo

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think this probably goes both ways. not a day passes without news that politico X resigned from party A to go to party B and the other way round. smaller local news sites and even FB pages dedicated to news are full of this. it's gonna be messy election for sure.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Dominican Republic president scores 60.3%: Gallup?Hoy Poll

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-Republic-president-scores-603-GallupHoy-Poll.
Its so sad to see the people here continue to vote for the PLD dictatorship of Leonel and his cronies. At the end of Leonel's term everyone called out he and his cronies for massive theft etc. Now here we are again, lost memory, given up, sellout for some free food vouchers etc etc. and they are about to do the same ol thing. I truly believe thepeople here really do not want change for the better, just like to complain about the hardships.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Judging from the reaction to his trip along the north coast the other day, I would say he's a clear favourite.

Feb 7, 2007
Polls can be bought, can be manipulated. My country just had elections, the government party was predicted 10 percent more than it actually got, the second strongest party was predicted over 15 percent and just got less than 6, the one being predicted 5 got 15, and a far right party was predicted 0.5 percent got 8... Believe the polls, I don't.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I do not think it is sad when you look at the alternative candidate and his total lack of policies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even if the polls are a bit off, all he needs is 50% plus one vote and he is set...

Status
Not open for further replies.