whats the going cost of child maintence in DR ?

katie06

Apr 18, 2006
Hi
Couldnt find a home for this question

Can anyone tell me what the current cost of child maintence is in DR please

We live in UK and support 2 children from a previous relationship living with their mother and her new partner in DR and being asked to send more money

we currenlty send ?200 a month based on the uk rate but struggling with this with the economy and low wage and now being asked for more . want to support the children but not be taken for a ride gut feeling is that ?200 is a good amount as cost of lfe in DR less than UK .

greatfull if you can share your experience of this please
Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the maintenance really depends on the salary of the father and a situation of the mother, at least here in DR. it can be as low as 1,000 pesos, in many cases. the upper limit is really flexible. a friend of ours pays child support for few kids, with various mothers and the alimony ranges from 8,000 pesos to about 15,000 or more per child per month. he's kinda middle class are so are the mothers. my maid receives about 2,000 pesos for her daughter, lower working class.

when it is set by the court in DR the judge looks at the income of the father, the income of the mother and the costs associated with bringing up the child such as school, medical insurance or whatever other factors brought to the attention. generally the father is supposed to cover half of the costs but often this remains theoretical, especially if he has more kids and/or lower income. in any case, there is quite a lot at play.

Apr 7, 2014
the maintenance really depends on the salary of the father and a situation of the mother, at least here in DR. it can be as low as 1,000 pesos, in many cases. the upper limit is really flexible. a friend of ours pays child support for few kids, with various mothers and the alimony ranges from 8,000 pesos to about 15,000 or more per child per month. he's kinda middle class are so are the mothers. my maid receives about 2,000 pesos for her daughter, lower working class.

when it is set by the court in DR the judge looks at the income of the father, the income of the mother and the costs associated with bringing up the child such as school, medical insurance or whatever other factors brought to the attention. generally the father is supposed to cover half of the costs but often this remains theoretical, especially if he has more kids and/or lower income. in any case, there is quite a lot at play.
You make it sound complicated and impartial. Its not that way. Im comfortable in my generalizations.

Half the men pay nothing. Half the men dont have reportable income or any assets worth confiscating. Half the men dont work. Half the women dont work. Half the women dont know the man's full legal name. Half the birth certificates dont have a recorded father. Half the women wont make the effort to pursue child support.

The dude in the OP's scenario is probably a Dominican immigrant to the UK. He is sending back what he can for his kids which would be more than any court there would require. The children's mother can beg them for more but she wont petition the court for more because she knows there is large possibility the court will mandate less.

What they want is EXTRA money for nothing to do with the children but just extra free money.

Reactions: katie06

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now you make it sound complicated. the truth is that the alimony depends on the individual situation.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
40 USD a month for a kid is a joke, maybe in the low life part here...

I pay 30000 per month for my boy because I love him and don't treat him like an accident happened. Some people should be ashamed how they haggle when it comes to their offspring... but well, yeah Dominican "Men". All big mouth and tail btwn legs when it comes to take responsibility...

potus

Dec 27, 2015
40 USD a month for a kid is a joke, maybe in the low life part here...

I pay 30000 per month for my boy because I love him and don't treat him like an accident happened. Some people should be ashamed how they haggle when it comes to their offspring... but well, yeah Dominican "Men". All big mouth and tail btwn legs when it comes to take responsibility...

Great Post. I fully agree...........US$40......how idiotic..........My goodness.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Cannot agree that this amount is sufficent to provide a decent education plus food, clothing & health care.....school alone runs at 11,600 a month here in Santiago

13200 DOP is MORE than enough. They want to use your $ to enhance their laziness. If it is hard on you guys in the UK, try lowering it by 10-15% to make it a bit easier.

Jan 7, 2016
Kids ain't cheap to raise ANYWHERE, even here in the D.R., especially if you want them treated like YOUR kids. Never be ashamed to support your legal children and maintain them with an adequate lifestyle. I'm not saying keep the B*tch in Bon Ice cream and Hersey Kisses, but the kids deserve better than what can be provided with 13,200 DP in this economy.

bloody67

Jan 16, 2011
Nonsense, ask yourself what in the world would 200 quid do for 2 kids in the UK ...look i dont know your finances or how you expect kids to exist here because the general impression is to most foreigners we should be happy with mud pies, but let me sort you out a bit if your serious...
200 quid amonth or better yet 13000 pesos can do and not do

CAN DO

1. 200 PESOS 1 FULL CHICKEN FOODSTORE
2. 500 PESOS 3 DIFFERENT ASSORTMENTS OF RED MEAT FOR THE WEEK
3. 125 PESOS 1 LITRE OF PURE ORANFE DRINK'
4. 250 PESOS A FEW BAGS OF BEANS ...YA KNOW WE LOVE R BEANS
5. 20 PESOS 1 SMALL OCEAN SPRAY OR V8 FRUIT JUICE FOR SCHOOL
6. 100 PESOS ENOUGH CEESE FOR SANDWHICHES FOR THE WEEK
7. 140 PESOS ENOUGH HAM FOR SANDWHICHES FOR THE WEEK
8. 120 PESOS ENOUGH BREAD FOR SANDWHICHES FOR THE WEEK
9. 200 PESOS , MAYONAISE , KETCHUP ,
10. 250 PESOS 10 POUNDS OF RICE
11. 100 PESOS GOOD PACK OF 4 SOAP WITH DISINFECTANT
12. 150 PESOS 1200 GRAMS OF WASHING DETERGENT
13. 45 PESOS 1 GALLON OF GOOD BLEACH
14. 65 PESOS 1 LITRE OF GRADE A PURE MILK
15. 230 PESOS 1 BOX OF IMPORTED CEREAL
16. 300 PESOS MORE THAN ENOUGH GREEN VEGETABLES FRESH TO FEED A FAMILY OF 5 FOR A WEEK

OK WE KNOW THEY AINT HUNGRY , THATS CERTAIN.

NOW ....WHAT IT CANT DO .

MEDICAL INSURANCE 2 KIDS 6000 PESOS A MONTH ( BROTHER IF THEY GET SICK AND GO TO PUBLIC HOSPITAL THEY WILL DIE) THEY DONT EVEN LOOK AT YOU HERE IF YOU DONT PAY TO GET IN

CLOTHING ,,,SCHOOL UNIFORMS ,,, SHOES ,,, UNDERWEAR ... FOR 2 KIDS HERE IN THE DR ...IF THE GUARDIANS OR MOTHER SAVES 2000 PESOS A MONTH TO PUT TOWARDS A 15000 PESOS BILL BY THE NEW SEMESTER , OTHER WISE ITS RAGS AND BUSTED SHOES

ELECTRICITY USGE CONTRIBUTION ,,, AT LEAST 1500 PESOS A MONTH , UNLESS THEY BURN AC , THEN DOUBLE IT

TRANSPORTATION... GAS HERE IS CHAEPER THAN THE UK , BUT COSTLY 157 PESOS A GALLON , IF THEY RIDE THE BUS THEN FIGURE 100 PESOS A DAY ( 3000 ) A MONTH

TOYS , ENTERTAINMENT , ACTIVE LIFE .... DONT MAKE ME LAUGH , THEY AINT GETTING THAT ON A ,MEASLY 13000 PESOS

SCHOOLING , WELL PUBLIC IS FREE BUT BOOKS AINT,,, TRY AT LEAST 20, 000 PESOS IN BOOKS EACH YEAR PER STUDENT IF YOU FOOLISH ENOUGH TO BUY THEM ,,,MOST JUST PHOTO COPY FROM THE TEACHERS STATE BOOK ,,, BUT U WILL STILL NEED AT LEAST 4000 PESOS OVER THE YEAR PER STUDENT DOING THAT ,, SO THAT STILL 800 PESOS A MONTH

PRIVATE SCHOOL , CHEAP BUT BETTER THAN THE PUBLIC STARTS AT ABOUT 1800 PESOS A MONTH PER STUDENT IN THE REAL POOR POOR AREAS , A DECENT SCHOOL TRY 8000 PESOS A MONTH AND UP .... SP LETS FACE IT ,,,THAT AINT HAPPENING

LECHE LECHE , POWDER MILK IS 1100 PESOS FOR 1200 GRAMS , CHILDREN LIVE BY IT HERE , 2 KIDS THATS GONE IN A WEEK AND HALF

NEW CLOTHING AND OR SHOES ,,,OBVIOUSLY NOT IN THE BUDGET

ANYWAY HOPES THIS HELPS ,,, BUT SERIOUSLY UNLESS YOU EXPECT THOSE TWO KIDS LIVE IN SERIOUS POORVERTY AND NO EXPECTATION OF CLEAN CLOTHING ETC THEN YEAH SHE MUST REALLY BE TAKING YOU TO THE CLEANERS....GET REAL 200 POUNDS A MONTH , HAH HA JIJJIJI LOL..... AND U THINK SHE IS RUNNING GAMES ON HER ...I THINK YOU NEED TO LOOK AT YOURSELF SIR , ARE YOU HONESTLY FIT TO BE A PARENT IN 2016 WITH THAT WHOPPING SHE SHOULD BE SO ENTITLED BUDGET OF YOURS ...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Some of you are missing the point. This isn't about child support, if the money was genuinely going to support the child. The fact is this woman has another man in the house and he is more than likely pressuring her to have these people send more money, and it's probably not for the children.

There is no difference between sending $40, $4, or $4,000 dollars a month if the obvious and way too typical scenario is playing itself out here.

Funny how when a Dominican woman is struggling by herself with children, she manages to get by. But when someone is sending her money from overseas, it's never enough. They seem to manage on so little until a situation like this arises...

Reactions: katie06

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Nonsense, ask yourself what in the world would 200 quid do for 2 kids in the UK ...look i dont know your finances or how you expect kids to exist here because the general impression is to most foreigners we should be happy with mud pies, but let me sort you out a bit if your serious...

CAN DO

16. 300 PESOS MORE THAN ENOUGH GREEN VEGETABLES FRESH TO FEED A FAMILY OF 5 FOR A WEEK

MEDICAL INSURANCE 2 KIDS 6000 PESOS A MONTH ( BROTHER IF THEY GET SICK AND GO TO PUBLIC HOSPITAL THEY WILL DIE) THEY DONT EVEN LOOK AT YOU HERE IF YOU DONT PAY TO GET IN

CLOTHING ,,,SCHOOL UNIFORMS ,,, SHOES ,,, UNDERWEAR ... FOR 2 KIDS HERE IN THE DR ...IF THE GUARDIANS OR MOTHER SAVES 2000 PESOS A MONTH TO PUT TOWARDS A 15000 PESOS BILL BY THE NEW SEMESTER , OTHER WISE ITS RAGS AND BUSTED SHOES

ELECTRICITY USGE CONTRIBUTION ,,, AT LEAST 1500 PESOS A MONTH , UNLESS THEY BURN AC , THEN DOUBLE IT

TRANSPORTATION... GAS HERE IS CHAEPER THAN THE UK , BUT COSTLY 157 PESOS A GALLON , IF THEY RIDE THE BUS THEN FIGURE 100 PESOS A DAY ( 3000 ) A MONTH

TOYS , ENTERTAINMENT , ACTIVE LIFE .... DONT MAKE ME LAUGH , THEY AINT GETTING THAT ON A ,MEASLY 13000 PESOS

SCHOOLING , WELL PUBLIC IS FREE BUT BOOKS AINT,,, TRY AT LEAST 20, 000 PESOS IN BOOKS EACH YEAR PER STUDENT IF YOU FOOLISH ENOUGH TO BUY THEM ,,,MOST JUST PHOTO COPY FROM THE TEACHERS STATE BOOK ,,, BUT U WILL STILL NEED AT LEAST 4000 PESOS OVER THE YEAR PER STUDENT DOING THAT ,, SO THAT STILL 800 PESOS A MONTH

PRIVATE SCHOOL , CHEAP BUT BETTER THAN THE PUBLIC STARTS AT ABOUT 1800 PESOS A MONTH PER STUDENT IN THE REAL POOR POOR AREAS , A DECENT SCHOOL TRY 8000 PESOS A MONTH AND UP .... SP LETS FACE IT ,,,THAT AINT HAPPENING

LECHE LECHE , POWDER MILK IS 1100 PESOS FOR 1200 GRAMS , CHILDREN LIVE BY IT HERE , 2 KIDS THATS GONE IN A WEEK AND HALF

ANYWAY HOPES THIS HELPS ,,, BUT SERIOUSLY UNLESS YOU EXPECT THOSE TWO KIDS LIVE IN SERIOUS POORVERTY AND NO EXPECTATION OF CLEAN CLOTHING ETC THEN YEAH SHE MUST REALLY BE TAKING YOU TO THE CLEANERS....GET REAL 200 POUNDS A MONTH , HAH HA JIJJIJI LOL..... AND U THINK SHE IS RUNNING GAMES ON HER ...I THINK YOU NEED TO LOOK AT YOURSELF SIR , ARE YOU HONESTLY FIT TO BE A PARENT IN 2016 WITH THAT WHOPPING SHE SHOULD BE SO ENTITLED BUDGET OF YOURS ...

Stop bloody screaming.................................

potus

Dec 27, 2015

CAN DO

\

Just one example....My two kids go to a very humble private school: Cost without Uniform, transportation and snacks.....8,400 Pesos a month....Homework Room 2,600 Pesos per month for both..........That is a bargain school in Santo Domingo.....

bloody67

Jan 16, 2011
And they naked an eat mud pies , obviously u r a sex tourist

THIS IS TOO , COMANDER LO LO USN ..............

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Some of you are missing the point. This isn't about child support, if the money was genuinely going to support the child. The fact is this woman has another man in the house and he is more than likely pressuring her to have these people send more money, and it's probably not for the children.

I would you know that ? Although it is possible, I think you are assuming a lot about the situation with the little the OP has provided.

bloody67

Jan 16, 2011
some of you are missing the point. This isn't about child support, if the money was genuinely going to support the child. The fact is this woman has another man in the house and he is more than likely pressuring her to have these people send more money, and it's probably not for the children.

There is no difference between sending $40, $4, or $4,000 dollars a month if the obvious and way too typical scenario is playing itself out here.

Funny how when a dominican woman is struggling by herself with children, she manages to get by. But when someone is sending her money from overseas, it's never enough. They seem to manage on so little until a situation like this arises...

yeah but do u really want to know what going on when she is livivng alone and so called supporting herself , would u like me to tell about all those visitors and trips to to cabana this week , oh yeah she will make it work baby , but it aint the job paying the bills

bloody67

Jan 16, 2011
you make it sound complicated and impartial. Its not that way. Im comfortable in my generalizations.

Half the men pay nothing. Half the men dont have reportable income or any assets worth confiscating. Half the men dont work. Half the women dont work. Half the women dont know the man's full legal name. Half the birth certificates dont have a recorded father. Half the women wont make the effort to pursue child support.

The dude in the op's scenario is probably a dominican immigrant to the uk. He is sending back what he can for his kids which would be more than any court there would require. The children's mother can beg them for more but she wont petition the court for more because she knows there is large possibility the court will mandate less.

What they want is extra money for nothing to do with the children but just extra free money.

what extra money commander , do u need a calculator