Changes in H.O.A. By-Laws and Rules vs Dominican Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2016
Can anyone reflect on the Law in the Dominican Republic with regard to the changing By-Laws and Rules for a Home Owner's Association, Condominium? I have heard from several sources and gotten varying answers to my question. The issue revolves around the number of participating owners in a meeting to change the By-Laws. I have heard that the Law requires anywhere from 51% to 100% participation in the vote. Any information will be much appreciated.

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
Can anyone reflect on the Law in the Dominican Republic with regard to the changing By-Laws and Rules for a Home Owner's Association, Condominium? I have heard from several sources and gotten varying answers to my question. The issue revolves around the number of participating owners in a meeting to change the By-Laws. I have heard that the Law requires anywhere from 51% to 100% participation in the vote. Any information will be much appreciated.

Art. 12 of Condominium Law No. 5038 establishes a double majority rule for amendments of Condo Rules, as follows:

a. 3/4 of the Condominium's registered votes (not just those represented in any given homeowner's assembly meeting).
+
b. approval by the majority of the condo owners.

i.e., in a 100-unit condo association where each unit is represented by 1 vote; 75 of the units are owned by developer and the rest by single owners, you would need:

a. the developer's 75 votes.
+
B. approval from 14 of the total 26 individual condo unit owners, which may or may not include developer (counted as 1 owner out of the 26).

Jan 7, 2016
Art. 12 of Condominium Law No. 5038 establishes a double majority rule for amendments of Condo Rules, as follows:

a. 3/4 of the Condominium's registered votes (not just those represented in any given homeowner's assembly meeting).
+
b. approval by the majority of the condo owners.

i.e., in a 100-unit condo association where each unit is represented by 1 vote; 75 of the units are owned by developer and the rest by single owners, you would need:

a. the developer's 75 votes.
+
B. approval from 14 of the total 26 individual condo unit owners, which may or may not include developer (counted as 1 owner out of the 26).

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Because many 'snow-birds' by definition, are not residents, and therefore excluded from accessing the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.