Buying a gold ring in Puerto Plata

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Two Haitian acquaintances are getting married and my contribution is to buy the ring. I just want a cheap(ish), plain, gold ring. Can anyone recommend an honest store in Puerto Plata? I am not looking for a bargain, I just don't want to be sold a fake, as I would not know gold from brass.

Ten years ago someone recommended Joyeria las Americas near the T-junction (between the Caribe Depot and Tienda Jimenez). Good place to go?

Incidentally. does anyone know the name of that long road that branches off Camino Real and continues past the Pulga to the Hospital? I know Pto Pta quite well but have never known its name, and none appears on Google, which is strange for such a major road.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
That (Joyer?a las Americas) is Compra Venta Antonio. The owner is American and very trustworthy. My daughter and I have purchased gold items from him in the past, and they were always fairly priced.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree with the previous poster. They sell the gold by weight there. Large selection also.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Harrison's (POP) is very good. Bob has been here forever and he has beautiful things.