DR calls grow for the removal of US Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
A little over two years after Obama campaign bundler and LGBT advocate James ?Wally? Brewster arrived in the Dominican Republic, accompanied by his spouse, Bob Satawake, to assume his duties as U.S. ambassador, calls are growing in the conservative country for his recall.

Church leaders, politicians and education officials in the Caribbean island nation are clamoring for his removal, and a petition was lodged with the White House this week accusing him of promoting an ?LGBT agenda inconsistent with the Christian cultural values and tradition of the Dominican Republic.?

The White House ?We the People? petition calling for Brewster?s removal received more than 25,000 signatures within three days of being posted this week ? more than a quarter of the 100,000 required in a 30-day period to earn a formal response from the administration.

It called on the administration to recall Brewster ?for primarily promoting in his official duties an LGBT agenda inconsistent with the Christian cultural values and tradition of the Dominican Republic.?

The petition also mentioned other concerns, including the formation last week of an LGBT Chamber of Commerce, and the fact that the ambassador ?involves his spouse? in official duties, such as school visits.

?Though we have proved to be a tolerant country, we deem this agenda disrespectful to the culture and traditions of most Dominican families,? it said.

Rival petitions on the White House site in support of Brewster are carrying around 2,000 and 250 signatures as of early Friday. Asked about the White House petition Wednesday, State Department spokesman John Kirby said he had not seen it. A day later, National Security Advisor Susan Rice on her Twitter account described Brewster as ?an outstanding public servant. His credentials, integrity & dedication are unsurpassed.?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pat...w-caribbean-nation-gay-us-ambassadors-removal

Mar 1, 2009
Would you do this if you were the ambassador of USA in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Kazakhstan or Singapore?
You shouldn't provoke the populace, it's not right to spit on people's, a whole community's traditions.... just because you believe it falls within the purview of your individual human right.
Your whims are not part of the job of a diplomat.
A columnist wrote that you are a defender of the weak and those without a voice, the LGBT community is made up of quite a few
millionares and many members of the media with very loud voices.
This columnist is certainly writing about the 1970's and 80's.
Cease and desist, if you want to help, please proceed but modify to the place you are at.
Wally, let's be a bit more sensitive to people of different tradition than you.
The DR has been good to you, enough of the fooling around.
LC

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It called on the administration to recall Brewster “for primarily promoting in his official duties an LGBT agenda inconsistent with the Christian cultural values and tradition of the Dominican Republic.”

They should have seen this coming a long time ago. I wonder what message the US government was really trying to convey by sending a gay ambassador to the only country in the world with a picture of the bible on their national flag?

I think it was one of WE OWN YOU and YOU?LL DO WHATEVER WE TELL YOU TO DO, LIKE IT OR NOT.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Would you do this if you were the ambassador of USA in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Kazakhstan or Singapore?
You shouldn't provoke the populace, it's not right to spit on people's, a whole community's traditions.... just because you believe it falls within the purview of your individual human right.
Your whims are not part of the job of a diplomat.
A columnist wrote that you are a defender of the weak and those without a voice, the LGBT community is made up of quite a few
millionares and many members of the media with very loud voices.
This columnist is certainly writing about the 1970's and 80's.
Cease and desist, if you want to help, please proceed but modify to the place you are at.
Wally, let's be a bit more sensitive to people of different tradition than you.
The DR has been good to you, enough of the fooling around.
LC

Heck no that would never happen. I can only guess, besides Brewster raising alot of money for Obama, as to why Obama
gave him the DR gig.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
“There is no discrimination here,” Lorenzo said in an interview with Fox News Latino on Thursday, noting that the country has worked well with other gay ambassadors from Germany and Canada in the past. “He is performing functions as an LGBT activist. He can stay if he sticks to his duties as an ambassador and isn’t starting problems,” he said.

Lorenzo said Brewster is violating the country’s constitution – which states marriage is between a man and a woman - and is infringing upon the Dominican Republic’s sovereignty by using his diplomatic powers to actively push a gay agenda.

Earlier this month, the ambassador headed the launch of an LGBT Chamber of Commerce, in an event attended also by USAID director Alexandria L. Panehal and the heads of the LGBT chambers of Canada, Colombia and Costa Rica, among others.

“He’s violated our culture and law and he has not respected our traditions and religion,” Lorenzo told FNL. “Ever since he came here he has tried to divide the community into two groups: gays vs. non-gays.”

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...e-house-petition-to-remove-us-gay-ambassador/

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
“There is no discrimination here,” Lorenzo said in an interview with Fox News Latino on Thursday, noting that the country has worked well with other gay ambassadors from Germany and Canada in the past. “He is performing functions as an LGBT activist. He can stay if he sticks to his duties as an ambassador and isn’t starting problems,” he said.

Lorenzo said Brewster is violating the country’s constitution – which states marriage is between a man and a woman - and is infringing upon the Dominican Republic’s sovereignty by using his diplomatic powers to actively push a gay agenda.

Earlier this month, the ambassador headed the launch of an LGBT Chamber of Commerce, in an event attended also by USAID director Alexandria L. Panehal and the heads of the LGBT chambers of Canada, Colombia and Costa Rica, among others.

“He’s violated our culture and law and he has not respected our traditions and religion,” Lorenzo told FNL. “Ever since he came here he has tried to divide the community into two groups: gays vs. non-gays.”

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...e-house-petition-to-remove-us-gay-ambassador/

i wish this mope Lorenzo would explain how Brewster is violating the Dominican constitution.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
That might be a bit harsh.... Cristo.

I don't agree with his posting but I doubt it was malicious intent

I absolutely believe it had malicious intent. I would have liked to see (as Lando mentioned) him sent to Saudi Arabia or some other Muslim country and then promote his agenda.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
"acudir a una escuela junto a su esposo y mostrar abiertamente su homosexualidad" http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/03/11/estados-unidos-defiende-embajador

I respect all people but based on the article, what he did in the school, was not right in any way.

My wife was reading about this as well, and was baffled as to why did they let him into the school...

It?s obvious that he is not a parent of anyone, and if things like this happened where my son goes to school, I would have a serious issue with that institution.

I?m kind of confused as to why a US official/representative would behave like this?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
"acudir a una escuela junto a su esposo y mostrar abiertamente su homosexualidad" http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/03/11/estados-unidos-defiende-embajador

I respect all people but based on the article, what he did in the school, was not right in any way.

My wife was reading about this as well, and was baffled as to why did they let him into the school...

It?s obvious that he is not a parent of anyone, and if things like this happened where my son goes to school, I would have a serious issue with that institution.

I?m kind of confused as to why a US official/representative would behave like this?

Because people with an agenda are often only sensitive to the things that affect them, not others.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

I agree that showing up in an official capacity to a school with his partner was over the top and a bad idea as it clearly looks like he is promoting the LGBT agenda. I'm not sure how this would go over in the states due to political correctness, but given the fat that Catholicism is so prevalent with people in the DR, what did he expect would happen? IMO, It doesn't bode well for the US when an Ambassador uses his post to promote a personal agenda without taking into consideration the host countries culture.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I agree that showing up in an official capacity to a school with his partner was over the top and a bad idea as it clearly looks like he is promoting the LGBT agenda. I'm not sure how this would go over in the states due to political correctness, but given the fat that Catholicism is so prevalent with people in the DR, what did he expect would happen? IMO, It doesn't bode well for the US when an Ambassador uses his post to promote a personal agenda without taking into consideration the host countries culture.

As said, I respect all people, but for me personally this has nothing to do with religion nor the culture, this has to do with to what you expose underage children. I would not be fine with behavior like this in any country, so off-topic regarding DR, in my opinion.

If someone wants to promote their agenda, go right ahead, but do with it with adults, not with underage children. There are reasons why children are or should be protected from various kinds of things that exist out there.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015

The petition was started by an evangelic church in DR, not Catholic (not that is matters per se). But with the USA/Ambassador started a LGBT Chamber of Commerce, from the DR, and now funding Gay only political candidates......that is way over the top and a slap in the face.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
The petition was started by an evangelic church in DR, not Catholic (not that is matters per se). But with the USA/Ambassador started a LGBT Chamber of Commerce, from the DR, and now funding Gay only political candidates......that is way over the top and a slap in the face.

I guess no one knows that a gay like Bruster with some power will never quit trying to convert everyone eaven your baby in arms. It is a sickness that they can not control!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I guess no one knows that a gay like Bruster with some power will never quit trying to convert everyone eaven your baby in arms. It is a sickness that they can not control!

I have several gay friends both men and women. One of my best friends who is a GOOD fellow captain is openly lesbian, but they do NOT push their beliefs onto others. They are just people who have a different sexual orientation and to say that there is a sickness associated with LGBT people is just wrong. They usually have specific reasons why they are same sex oriented which is fine by me. Just don't push your agendas onto others and especially children no matter what it is IMO.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
it was 100% obamas decision to promote LGBT around the world by appointing 6 gay ambassadors not just one, he wants votes for democrats so he had campaign promises. I cannot remember where the others are because I try not to think about the garbage they push.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I haven't followed the Ambassadors moves, but Damn you guys make it seems like he's a walking disease, and if he sneezes on you it will turn you and your kids gay. LOL

DR, a conservative, country, now that's funny.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
he was sent here to promote LGBT that is the complaint not that it is queer
Do you know this as a fact, is it written/posted by him or the US government? Did he use these words or is it just your opion or feeling because he's not hiding the fact that he's gay

Status
Not open for further replies.