Toronto Question

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We had out last DR1 get together at a true Dominican restraurant back in 2006 but sadly it closed. I will ask a group on FB and report back.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There is/was one on St. Clair near Oakwood. I think it was on the 2nd floor but they were hoping to expand and get main floor space. I know it was mentioned in the DR1 forums several years ago..

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
In Toronto you will not find many....

I am not familiar with any Dominican restaurants here in Toronto at this time although the one posted in the link in post #2 might be considered new if it opened in the last five years.

I went to one in the 401 and Weston road area about five years ago and I don't remember the name. They had recently opened but apparently had a good crowd at night because of the neighborhood (not the greatest). I went for lunch and the food was okay.

When Friendly Dominican Restaurant was open on St.Clair I went quite a few times and enjoyed it. Good live music as well as a very enjoyable crowd.

-MP.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
That's the one we had our DR1 get together in 2006. I coukdnt remember the name. Some wanted to return but it had closed before year's end

I was given the name of this one but I haven't been there yet. https://www.facebook.com/bestdominicanrestaurantintheGTA/

Yes, I remember the DR1 gathering. I did not go but I do remember the time of gathering on DR1. That was in the height of when the restaurant was good IMO. I speak from personal experience and I always referred people to it when they wanted to try Dominican food outside of the DR.

The one you referenced in your link seems familiar. I went to a restaurant in that area to pickup tickets for a Latin concert a few years ago. I can't remember the name though. I did not eat there but I did not like the clientele. That I noted right away. It might be the restaurant you referenced or the one in post #2.

-MP.