Tire repair in Sosua

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
Can someone recommend a good place to get a tire repaired on my car? I know there a lots of tire places in Sosua, but I would like to find a place that will not ruin my tire or damage my alloy wheel, and will properly balance the wheel before they remount it. I don't really care what it costs - I just want it done right.

james

Jan 14, 2002
rhanson1, I have never had a problem with DAVIDS TIRE PLACE. Leaving Sosua towards Cabarete you see a high building on the left side with a huge curved roof made of metal. It right there 3 minutes max from Batey. THey have all the equiment and are quick. Owner is David.

Last edited:

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I was not at david s tire for me its the worst place
I would recommend the one next to texaco

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
There you have it Hanson, Unanimous except for one guy who has never been there!
Der Fish

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have been using David's for years and no problems. Funny before moving here in 40 years of driving I had 2 flat tires. Since living here I have 4-5 a year ... go figure.

Bob K

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I have been using David's for years and no problems. Funny before moving here in 40 years of driving I had 2 flat tires. Since living here I have 4-5 a year ... go figure.

Bob K

I am convinced that the Gomerias go out at night and spread nails and screws over the road. Like you I get frequent punctures here and they always find and extract the hardware culprit.

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
Thank you everyone for your replies. I have driven past David's many times, but I never knew anything about it until I received your recommendations. I will go there tomorrow to get my tire repaired.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
just an aside on flat tires here. I saw a can of Fix a Flat in a local hardware. The can seemed only half full by shaking it and had some rust on the seam where the can was originally sealed. I asked if they had another one, and the man said they did not. SO I paid 330 pesos for it probably double what it would cost at Pep Boys and went into the parking lot. I started screwing it onto my tire and the air started hissing out, a bit of foam came into the hose when I pushed the button, but not much, and the tire continued to deflate before my very eyes. By then the hose end was all sticky and slippery and I couldn't undo it. Before I could find my pliers and take it off that way the tire was sitting on the rim, there is a tire shop a long block away, but before I could get there the tire was ruined.
Der Fish