I am tired and sick of Luis Miguel

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
I am really tired to see Luis miguel face anywhere. Newspapers, magazines, TV, driving,... everywhere you go you have to see LM face.
I am not really a Luis miguel fan. i like some of his songs, but that is. after all, i have to confess that they got me. i just got my tickets in the black market (the concert is sold out) and tonite, lets have fun.
warning! stay as far away as you can from the central perimeter, if you are not going to the concert. today is expected the worst jam traffic ever.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
John, El Unico

John:

Now you became part of the sickness reminding us of the concert, but even worse complaining about seeing Luismi even in your soup, while at the same time committing the grave mistake of joining the mass of kiss ass fans who overpaid for a US$20 act. Luismi may buy his new 2003 Ferrari with your money, but not with mine.

I'll watch him on TV and help him pay for his next suit with the advertising money.

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
A few years ago I got some tikets for my wife who was a big LM fan to see him in concert. After the concert we felt like we had been robbed. In the entire concert he must have said 4 words. he had almost no interaction with the audience except when he preened and posed. And to top it all off a lot of the music and some of his vocals were pre-recorded. Yes he lipped/synced! The only fun part of the night was watching all of the Gay guys and Drag queens swooning and screaming for him. After that night My wife has lost all interest in his music.
Too bad he doesn't treat his audience better. It is a shame because I must admit he does have a great voice.

Tony C.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The great Luis Miguel Concert

To the chagrin of those who paid as much as US$1000 to see Luis Miguel last night, those who stayed home got the last laugh....a free TV live concert on Telecentro Channel 13!!!! I felt like I had a VIP seat in my bed.

Very nervous at the beginning and facing a few technical sound problems, Luis Miguel simply took over the Dominican Republic last night and proved to be the idol of all Dominican women. His speech was erratic and he did not exchange any jokes or conversation with the crowd. He never came back when asked at the end for en encore.

I never have liked his music, but I have to admit this guy has one hell of a voice and a natural charisma that covers up for his cold treatment of the crowds. I mean, the guy was even carried by his bodyguards several times over to pick up flower bouquets. His monstrous bodyguards watched his every move and appeared as almost part of the act. He hardly touched any of the women and was afraid to get close to them.

President Hipolito Mejia gave the event the importance it deserved by attending with his wife. This was definetly a world class concert, perhaps the best concert ever in this nation. The technology displayed here overshadowed anything that had been done before. The shower of confetti was impressive. The women fans looked absolutely beautiful and romantic. Santo Domingo dressed at its best. I did not notice him using lip sync. In fact, his voice live is better than on records and his musicians are consumate professionals. The Mariachi was elegant and at the top of its game.

In other words, Luis Miguel, I hate to admit it, but you are #1. Nobody even comes a close 2nd.

We are now serving notice on Mike Tyson. We, the real men in DR want you to bring your carnivorous mean act here. We proved we got more money than any country to put on your fight with Reggae Lennox Lewis, our British hero and Champ. After this love affair with Luismi, let's have some gore!!!!

TW

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
Luis Miguel concert was the best ever show in Santo Domingo.
He is the most professional singer I ever seen. (and i had seen Mick jagger, U2, pink floyd). Everything was perfect in the concert (the technical sound problem was just in TV).
The dominican part is another story.
VIP seats. It was the biggest disaster ever. They over sell vip tickets. For those who thought that they will be around of another few VIP. surprise: they were more than 15,000 VIP.
I was in VIP Gold. this was the worst. the press was there. and it was ooooover crowd.
VIP Platinum. for those who pay over 5,000 to see LM very close.
surprise! when the president show up with over 100 DNI agents. there were not VIP anymore. (what the hell was the president doing in this concert?)
a lot of confussion, entrance doors closed. 2 hours to get in, over 2 hours to get out. AMET creating "tapones". I can't understand over 1000 AMET agents. doing nothing.
Security? where? Medrano to save some money hired 100's of pretty boy (jevitos)with a black T'shirt to organized the lanes. what a dissappoint! there were not lanes. Sorry to say that, but we are not really prepared (educated) for big concerts.
Georgina Duluc (the #1 dominican chopa) is still waiting for LM to mention her in the concert. He just ignored her.