Printers

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I know it's a dinosaur, but does anybody know anything about Pixma MP560 printer?

I just spent 2 hours trying to coax it into printing downloads on my MacBook Air. I tried copying to Word; I tried sending as PDF, but to no avail.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
here in the DR your best bet is to buy a Lexmark with the refillable ink tanks. Much cheaper than buying cartridges.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I know it's a dinosaur, but does anybody know anything about Pixma MP560 printer?

I just spent 2 hours trying to coax it into printing downloads on my MacBook Air. I tried copying to Word; I tried sending as PDF, but to no avail.

perhaps it needs updated drivers.

May 29, 2006
You can easily pay more for the cartridges than the printer in one year. Now they have chips so they won't print after they expire. It's a real scam. I'll have to check out the Lexmark.

Sep 4, 2012

No comparable with WIN10 if that is your OS.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
here in the DR your best bet is to buy a Lexmark with the refillable ink tanks. Much cheaper than buying cartridges.
We bought an Epson L355 with 4 refillable tanks and it's been awesome. In two years I've had to fill the black once and prints beautifully.

Bought it at Cecomsa.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have a Pixma, free to a good home, along with a few ink cartridges.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The printer was actually free, and it has worked well as a copy machine. I know the previous owner, who was a Luddite of the first degree, could make it work, so it's doubly frustrating that I cannot.

I'm calling in the Germans on this one, and in the meantime, printing elsewhere.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2009
Are you running macOS Sierra in your MacBook Air? * They do seem to have drivers for El Capitan and for Sierra they said it may be already included in the OS.

Make sure you're actually selecting this printer. *Sorry don't mean to sound condescending by asking the obvious, but I know more than one person who send something to print without realizing that they need to first choose the attached printer. *It may happen if you have previously attached a different printer. *You can see which printer you're sending it to from right after your press the print button.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Are you running macOS Sierra in your MacBook Air? * They do seem to have drivers for El Capitan and for Sierra they said it may be already included in the OS.

Make sure you're actually selecting this printer. *Sorry don't mean to sound condescending by asking the obvious, but I know more than one person who send something to print without realizing that they need to first choose the attached printer. *It may happen if you have previously attached a different printer. *You can see which printer you're sending it to from right after your press the print button.

Thank you and I laughed my a** off when I saw that. My ex-husband was/is in IT, and when he would get called by some hysterical dame about her computer not working, his first questions were: "Is it on?" and many, many, many times, it was not. Which goes a long way to explain why the screen is dark....

Yea. I'm not a total Luddite. I've got it set as the default printer.

Sep 4, 2012
Thank you and I laughed my a** off when I saw that. My ex-husband was/is in IT, and when he would get called by some hysterical dame about her computer not working, his first questions were: "Is it on?" and many, many, many times, it was not. Which goes a long way to explain why the screen is dark....

Yea. I'm not a total Luddite. I've got it set as the default printer.

But, is it on?