Sabaneta de Yasica under water

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
That's it, we are done.... Sabaneta de Yasica is flooded...

I live on a street at the corner of Moca Road, near the propane station and the water is coming by my front door... And don't even think about the backyard and pool... All brown..

The water is now crossing Moca Road... So you know...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It has been pouring her in Jarabacoa but not any flooding that I'm aware of. Not flat and lots of trees I think makes the difference. Hopefully the water stops rising.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
And I forgot to mention that the power is out since 2am.... Thank God, my batteries are still on.... But I expect death pretty soon...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's it, we are done.... Sabaneta de Yasica is flooded...

I live on a street at the corner of Moca Road, near the propane station and the water is coming by my front door... And don't even think about the backyard and pool... All brown..

The water is now crossing Moca Road... So you know...

Wow - that looks like a real mess. Very sorry to hear that. I hope the water doesn't rise any further. If it's that bad where you are, most of Veragua must be a total disaster.

Do you know if the water has gone over the main highway in Sabaneta where that tributary to the Yasica is? Where part of the highway collapsed not too long ago?

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It's a beautiful property Charlise, heart-wrenching to think of the clean up you and many others will face.

Aug 21, 2007
I pass this way every day on my way to work in Jamao. Today and several days earlier in the week, both in Islabon and Sabaneta, the streets were crowded with people whose houses were flooded. They had no place else to go but on the streets. My heart aches for these individuals who have little and are losing everything.

Whether you believe or not....all I can say is "God have mercy."

Lindsey

Our barrio in Las Canas flooded last night, everyone was up at 1am walking around yelling in waist deep water. Luckily our house is ok so far but we couldn't get our car out till later today and the property behind me seems to be apart of the ocean now.
*That was scary, hopefully it calms down!!!!*
Went by Gaspar today and saw a few buildings that fell into the river. *:(

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If you are planing a trip from the North Shores (Sosua, Cabarete, Gaspar Hernadez, Rio San Juan , Cabrera) to STI your safe way today is the main road from Puerto Plata/ Navarrete / Santiago... Just heard on the online radio station the bridge over Rio Jamao is closed due the rains it's about to collapse!

Carretera Turistica is closed, Obras Publicas working to restore the interception of Gurabito de Yaroa.

JJ

Aug 21, 2007
2hxn910.jpg
[/IMG]

Lindsey