Punta Cana!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Other than the Royal Uvero Alto Hotel, can anyone recommend a good hotel for someone travelling alone? I have a reservation for the Flamenco Hotel at the moment.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You do not want to go to the Royal Uvero Alto hotel if you are traveling alone. That place is for romance. Try the Barcelo Bavaro complex. It is large enough for you to meet other people traveling alone.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
D you are right on the money

Nightlife draws from all 5 hotels, as well the hotel staff mingles with the guests at the Las Canas disco. Youll find out what that means when you get there.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
NY1

Yes...Try the Barcel? Complex...It's great!!!
Las Ca?as disco is the best of all the ones I've been to!
Great music, great company...
Enjoy your stay...

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
What if I were to change location and go to thets near Santo Domingo. Any suggestions there?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
You could go to...

...Boca Chica or Juan Dolio if you want to stay on the beach. However the quality of the hotels drops off dramatically at these two locales. You could stay righht in the capital and take day trips like I do now alot. There are some great hotels there. Its your choice. Let us know exactly what type of vacation youre looking for.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I've been to DR many times and have family on the Island. I've never gone alone though. I've gone to Playa Dorada many times and had fun. Meeting people, partying and a little golfing.
I checked the Bavaro, but did not get any favorable rates. I have the Flamenco booked in Punta Cana, but was open to any suggestions, unless the Flamenco is a good choice for someone travelling alone.
I am open to any ideas anywhere on the Island. From the Capital, to POP to Samana, La Romana or Punta Cana.
But, I leave next week, soooo, I have to hurry.