Dolores.....A question for U

Sassy

Jan 1, 2002
Hello,

I will be traveling to Punta from March 25-April 1 and have heard SO, SO, SO, SO, SO! many conflicting answers to these questions: Is this Holy week, and if so what happens during that time? What are the exact dates that are celebrated? Do the resorts serve alcohol during that week? What dates do tours stop operating and do they (tours) all shut down or only a few? It is also believed by many that resorts operate with 1/2 of the staff for a booked resort (sounds like long waits for food and drink if this is so).

Seems as though my answers have ranged form there is NOTHING going on that whole week I will be there on to everything STOPS on the Thrusday before Good Friday. Accurate information would be nice so I can plan tours and such right when I arrive.

Any information (above and beyond what I have mentioned, also) would be great! I have checked websites, but they are ambiguous in the info they provide!

Thanks so MUCH for your help!!!!!!!!! :eek:)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dolores is still sleeping and doing the "Mother"thing with her brood, so I will take a shot.

Easter Week? Yes.

It is a major break in everything here. The facilities at Punta Cana are geared to take care of you, believe me. Many of them have been booked for a year.

Will alcohol be served? Shit! Is the Pope Catholic?? During this week there is more beer and rum served than in any other week during the year!! On the North Shore, Presidente parks 40' reefer trailers (refridgerator units) on the Malecon of Puerto Plata and the main road in Sosua and Cabarete. The rum companies have ceased their handing out of free rum by their promotions people after there were several deaths due to outright drunkeness-cum-outright stupidity and several brawls as to whose rum was better!! BUT, there is still a lot of suff going on at the beaches of the country.

I am positive, althought not that familiar with PC, that you will absolutely have all the fun and games and trips that you can handle.

HB