Any advice on the following hotels in Puerto Plata??? ....

Erika

Mar 13, 2002
Can I have your opinions on the following hotels? Good or bad? Thank you for your time, Erika

-Playa Dorada

- Flamenco Beach Resort

- Club on the Green

-Hacienda Villas Del Mar

Becky

Jan 23, 2002
I just returned from Puerta Plata and had a great time but stayed at the merengue/Mambo resort.

Blondie21

Mar 1, 2002
Hey there

I just returned from Playa Naco, one of the resorts on the Playa Dorada compound and I had a blast! It was my first time at any resort so i was easily impressed, but the people there were beyond friendly, the service was quick and great and the people staying at the resort new how to have fun! Any of the PLaya Dorado resorts, from what I hear, are great!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am really happy to see these glowing reports on my favorite resort athmosphere. Personally, I love Club Dorado, but that comes with twenty years of experience....they are extremely good folks there..

And the Playa Dorado is the largest, by far. and right on the beach...Used to be Holiday INN...

HB

danagos

Jan 1, 2002
Hotel rating

We just came back from a stay at the Flamenco Beach resort in Playa Dorada. I highly recommend the Club Miguel Angel, a concierge level within the resort.

For us the upgrade to the CMA was worth every penny (about $25 US per night).

Our CMA room was a huge 2 room suite, rather than a "motel" type single room. We had a Private pool, Lounge/Restaurant & dedicated Front Desk. A 2 Bldg. island of luxury in the 17 Bldg./500+ room complex.

We shared all the facilities of the resort, but in our reserved area, had top shelf liquor, better Breakfast/Lunch & outstanding service. Such as making dinner reservations at the last minute versus lining up in the morning & hoping you weren't shut out.

I'm not a snob, but it really made our stay special. Irregardless of your choice, you will enjoy the Dominican people, weather & surroundings.

Take the above advice and check out Debbie's dominican site. There's a lot of information on all the resorts you mentioned. You can decide what works best for you.
Dan