Pizza with Pineapple?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Two things that do NOT go on my pizza in la rep dom. One is corn and the other is pineapple. I got to the point i flat out say I am buying so NO corn or pineapple. Problem solved...........

and the survey said............

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ca-weighs-in/ar-BBF662w?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

2je7ibc.jpg

Obviously this poll was not done in the DR.

Last edited:

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
hahah this is an ongoing battle in my house. My Dominican husband HATES pineapple on pizza and I, a Canadian, LOVE pineapple on pizza.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
It's GOT to have Ham too. Big chunks of ham. It's the best. ..

YIKES, i can deal with the ham but just can't get into that pineapple on pizza. Funny thing the one time i tried the ham and pineapple it did taste better than just pineapple alone. Two large pies, one pepperoni and one with sausage and i am good to go.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Both are abominations but lettuce is even worse. I once asked for a pizza de vegetales and they asked me which vegetables I wanted. I said "de todo un poco" and they took me un poco too literally. Needless to say it also had sweetcorn.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I'd rather have anchovies on my pizza(salt makes me drink more beer)and not pineapples or corn.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Two things that do NOT go on my pizza in la rep dom. One is corn and the other is pineapple. I got to the point i flat out say I am buying so NO corn or pineapple. Problem solved...........

What a relief !

I clicked on this thread picturing you eating a pineapple "pizza" while sitting on that ugly chair. The horror !

We can be friends again Bigbird, there is hope for you :cheeky:

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
The first time I saw Hawian pizza was in the 80"s in a pizza parlor outside of Boston,MA. Didn't like it then,still don't like it now.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

and the survey said............

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ca-weighs-in/ar-BBF662w?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

2je7ibc.jpg

Obviously this poll was not done in the DR.

Thank goodness you agree, I thought I was going to have to explain how absolutely gross pineapple is on pizza. Corn? Can't even think about it. ;)

To each their own I guess.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Both are abominations but lettuce is even worse. I once asked for a pizza de vegetales and they asked me which vegetables I wanted. I said "de todo un poco" and they took me un poco too literally. Needless to say it also had sweetcorn.

The best vegetarian pizza I've ever had was in Dominicus at Da Elio (now under new name) We will have to try one next time I'm there.