Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your diet

Ok, so let's hear from the ladies. What's your diet? How do you keep yourself fit all the time?

2. Dislikes Hlywud, Kipling333 disliked this post
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Athens

That is an interesting question!! Do you live here in the DR? Me I live in the campo so my diet is all very natural as we can't get processed products here. Exercise isn't probably as much as I should but lots of walking and the goats keep me fit!

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

4. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of salads..vegetables, etc.. Rice and beans only on rare occasions. I do not eat much meat, chicken now and then.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Hi Athens

That is an interesting question!! Do you live here in the DR? Me I live in the campo so my diet is all very natural as we can't get processed products here. Exercise isn't probably as much as I should but lots of walking and the goats keep me fit!

Matilda
    Also keep in mind that this particular woman makes Twiggy look obese.

7. Likes Matilda, sylindr liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

After my annual visit to my PCP, he was as shocked as I that all of my blood work/cholesterol/sugars/etc. are great. Noto bene:
    I was completely honest with him about my drinking, semi-disciplined smoking, complete lack of exercise. I think he did not expect me to show up to review the sangre analysis. On my side is the fact I have always been famous for my blood pressure, as I am from a low-blood pressure family. (Which is good. The drama didn't kill them.)

My PCP did advise me to try and include more B vitamins and to eat more greens. But that's a double-edged sword here. There are 2 restaurants in Sosua where I would eat a fresh salad. Even if I were to make salad at home, I'm still not sure I would trust it. So all of my vegetables are cooked. I live alone, so I eat out most of the time.

Oy, kvetch on! I also keep kosher at home and never eat pork in any form or shellfish in restaurants. The shellfish is hard, because originally I am from Massachusetts. And for a while, I wasn't getting enough protein and my gorgeous hair was falling out. And you can get pretty sick of most Dominican fish...in my opinion. Unless it's fried. When it's delicious. But that defeats the purpose....

So I ordered a sh*t-ton of old lady vitamins and the super-annuated B's recommended by the PCP on Amazon.

I have also been lucky enough to have been in POP/STGO recently and loaded up on the fake sausages, fake hamburgers, and fake meatballs made of soy. So I'm getting protein & fiber & I am very careful about checking the sodium, fat, etc. of all alternate products.

You can eat really well here, I think. If you're from the First World, it takes some getting used to. If you have food allergies, you'll have to be careful. If you're a vegan on vacation, go somewhere else.

9. Likes Matilda, keepcoming liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, w8... there was a question about fitness.

Nothing. Nada. Nyet. I used to be a gym rat, but that ship has sailed. I don't even have a dog to walk any more. I do live on the third floor.....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    Oh, w8... there was a question about fitness.

Nothing. Nada. Nyet. I used to be a gym rat, but that ship has sailed. I don't even have a dog to walk any more. I do live on the third floor.....

What happened to the dog?

Admin
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    What happened to the dog?
    I had to send him to somebody else to take care of because I can't do it. I am hoping that once I get my new knee, he can come home.