Doctor in Santo Domingo needed for letter to a Consulate

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
Hello there.

Could somebody tell me what doctor in Santo Domingo can give me a letter for Dominican Consulate in another country, that an applicant for a DR resident visa doesn’t have Hepatitis, HIV, Tuberculosis, and also does not show any signs of a drug abuse and has a good health in general?

I need this for my wife, she has two options, get this medical report in her country of origin, then translate it to Spanish, notarize, apostille, etc…. or just make it here in DR because she is here now, and then present it to the Dominican consulate in her home country, this way no translations and other waste of time and money is needed.

So, in other words, I need a doctor who will send her for lab tests and then based on test results, will give that letter, sign and stamp it.

Thanks!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I’d go to Malecón center, there are a whole lot of small (lawyers) offices that can arrange most of the certifications you’d need related to migration or residency. I’d be surprised if they can’t help you out with a doctor’s statement AND translate it AND legalize it.

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
There is nothing to be legalized or translated in this case. There is nothing to do with lawyers. I have all documents for the consulate prepared. It's a simple letter in Spanish from ANY licensed doctor like internist or family physician, because the letter can't be from dentist, ophthalmologist, urologist, etc... I know a lot of a specialized doctors, but I don't know anybody like that, that's why I am asking here.

So please, I need contacts/address of the doctor for that report, not a middle man, not any other advise on documents or migration. Thank you.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would think that any doctor whose office is not sandwiched between two massage parlors can do this for you. It is a very simple and straightforward thing.

Ta quien le interese:

He examinado a Jane Doe el 27 de Enero de 2018 y por la presente certifico que ella está en buen estado de salud y libre de enfermedades contagiosas.

Sinceramente,

Dr. J Physcian
Calle Duarte #25
Santo Domingo
809-555-1212

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
I would think that any doctor whose office is not sandwiched between two massage parlors can do this for you. It is a very simple and straightforward thing.

Ta quien le interese:

He examinado a Jane Doe el 27 de Enero de 2018 y por la presente certifico que ella está en buen estado de salud y libre de enfermedades contagiosas.

Sinceramente,

Dr. J Physcian
Calle Duarte #25
Santo Domingo
809-555-1212

Right, this is what I need.... BUT: the doctor must be un MEDICO GENERAL, this is what his stamp must say. I found one in Clinica Abreu, Dr. Pablo Valdez
Médico General , maybe somebody knows another one, where?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My bad, I assumed a general medical practitioner/family doctor in the DR would suffice. Should have assumed the govt would complicate matters.

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
My bad, I assumed a general medical practitioner/family doctor in the DR would suffice. Should have assumed the govt would complicate matters.

I spoke to the people who work directly with that consulate, family doctor is ok if he is 'un medico general'. I believe that the letter from 'medico internista' will be ok too, but it's better to find 'medico general' for that. Another point is that it's much better if the letter will be on the paper with the header of the well known clinic where that doctor works.

Rules are different and they depend on a country where Dominican Consulate is located. Normally they accept medical reports from the same country, but it takes time to do the tests there, then wait for the report, then for apostille, then pay the same consulate for the translation. I know that they accepted such medical reports from DR from some of my friends, but that all was from 'medico general'. Those people got their letters from some doctor in Punta Cana, but I don't want to drive there from Santo Domingo just for that.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Right, this is what I need.... BUT: the doctor must be un MEDICO GENERAL, this is what his stamp must say. I found one in Clinica Abreu, Dr. Pablo Valdez
Médico General , maybe somebody knows another one, where?

Go with Pablo Valdez, we have known and worked with him as a supervising physician for many years and have always found him efficient, considerate and extrremely helpful.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Dr. Ricardo Lamouth 8096820073 building next door to Abreu 6th floor above Referencia labs. Medico General

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Approved doctor ?

Hello there.

Could somebody tell me what doctor in Santo Domingo can give me a letter for Dominican Consulate in another country,

I need this for my wife,

So, in other words, I need a doctor who will send her for lab tests and then based on test results, will give that letter, sign and stamp it.

Thanks!

Would suggest you inquire with immigration in Santo Domingo for a doctor they approve. When medical papers are presented to them from an out of network doctor they may refuse to accept them. They can be quite anal at times. Inquiring of them by phone will not do, they may not answer. Best to go to the Centro de Los Heroes headquarters in person and persist for information.

Regards,

PJT

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
Would suggest you inquire with immigration in Santo Domingo for a doctor they approve. When medical papers are presented to them from an out of network doctor they may refuse to accept them. They can be quite anal at times. Inquiring of them by phone will not do, they may not answer. Best to go to the Centro de Los Heroes headquarters in person and persist for information.

Regards,

PJT

This is for the consulate only, and this letter will work instead of medical report from her home country. After she gets her initial residency visa, she will fly here again and submit all documents to the immigration, and then she will go thru medical test again at immigration's approved location. But for this letter the doctor has nothing to do with the immigration. As I said, this worked a few time before for the same consulate with the report from medico general located in Punta Cana. I just need one in Santo Domingo, I hope contacts posted above will work fine for me. Thank you!

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
Hello there.

Could somebody tell me what doctor in Santo Domingo can give me a letter for Dominican Consulate in another country, that an applicant for a DR resident visa doesn’t have Hepatitis, HIV, Tuberculosis, and also does not show any signs of a drug abuse and has a good health in general?

I need this for my wife, she has two options, get this medical report in her country of origin, then translate it to Spanish, notarize, apostille, etc…. or just make it here in DR because she is here now, and then present it to the Dominican consulate in her home country, this way no translations and other waste of time and money is needed.

Thanks!

I like your idea. I am also planning to apply for a Dominican Residency Visa when I return to the United States in May, and I was planning to make an appointment with my regular doctor to get the required medical letter. I am getting conflicting info on whether that letter needs to be notarized, translated, and apostilled, but certainly it would be a lot easier to simply get the letter from a Dominican doctor while I'm still here. That had never occurred to me. Unlike you, I am up on the north coast, but certainly it should not be difficult to find a doctor here who can examine me and write that letter.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I like your idea. I am also planning to apply for a Dominican Residency Visa when I return to the United States in May, and I was planning to make an appointment with my regular doctor to get the required medical letter. I am getting conflicting info on whether that letter needs to be notarized, translated, and apostilled, but certainly it would be a lot easier to simply get the letter from a Dominican doctor while I'm still here. That had never occurred to me. Unlike you, I am up on the north coast, but certainly it should not be difficult to find a doctor here who can examine me and write that letter.

I think you will need it from the home country and I had a notary appear at the doctor's office to do the apostille for his signature to my letter and lab results (Drug/HIV/Tuberculosis/Hepatitis)

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
I think you will need it from the home country and I had a notary appear at the doctor's office to do the apostille for his signature to my letter and lab results (Drug/HIV/Tuberculosis/Hepatitis)

You may be right - I don't know. The problem is that everyone I talk to tells me something different. Even the lawyers say different things. I think that is because they typically don't get involved until after the Residency Visa process, and they just aren't that knowledgeable. The last lawyer that I spoke with who handles Dominican residency claimed that a simple letter from my doctor in the United States saying that I was in good mental and physical health with no communicable diseases would suffice. She said that no notarization, translation, or apostille would be necessary. That conflicts with what the Dominican Consulate website says, but then again that is not always necessarily accurate either. Everyone tells me something different, and I am interested in hearing from anyone who has actually gone through this process. I thought that the OP's idea of just getting a letter from a local Dominican doctor made a lot of sense. Why wouldn't the Dominican Consulate be satisfied with a letter from a Dominican doctor?

Then again, after re-reading my last statement above, maybe I can understand why they wouldn't want anything from a Dominican doctor unless it's one that they designate. Again, anyone with experience please advise.

needsomeinfo

Jan 27, 2018
Guys, every Dominican consulate has its own rules. The one I am talking about is not in US or Canada. What they require is the medical report from her home country OR from the country where she lived last 6 months (if she spent last 6 months abroad). Since she stays in Santo Domingo since July, it is logical that the medical report will be from here. So she will get the report here, fly to her home country and next day submit it to the consulate there. I know people of the same nationality who did the same thing, their medical reports from DR were not notarized and that consulate accepted them.

Once again, the rules of DR Consulates in US or Canada may be completely different, so don't try to do this with those consulates before you ask them if they will accept it.

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
OK needsomeinfo, sounds like good advice. In fact I've heard that there are even differences in the requirements of Dominican Consulates within the United States - that some are stricter than others. Since my Residency Visa application will be submitted via overnight mail, I can use any Dominican Consulate in the U.S. that I want. Perhaps I will call or email a few of them first to see which one seems to be most helpful and accommodating.