Sosua Kids Association

richard

Jan 1, 2002
In the DR education is ostensibly both compulsory and free. However, because books, supplies and uniforms, which are necessary, cost approximately 600-700 pesos many children do not attend. About two years ago a group of ex-pats in Sosua formed the Sosua Kids Association to help these children. There is no overhead or charges by the volunteers. Everything they do is voluntary, Thanks to donations from visitors and residents alike the group now has upwards of thirty children attending school. Each child receives two shirts or blouses, pants or skirts, socks, underwear, shoes, backpack, belt, books and supplies; even a class photograph. The children are required to show their report cards every term and keep their attendance and grades up to par. If you are going to Sosua, why not help the children and the future of the DR by stopping by the Britannia Pub on the main street of Sosua and making a donation. Any amount, any currency will be gratefully received. Here is the association?s web page.

http://www.geocities.com/sosuakids/

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Personally knowing Barb and Linden Anderson, your money will be spent wisely. It's a great cause, with all money going to the families that need it. What a wonderful way to brighten a child's future.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
trina said:
Personally knowing Barb and Linden Anderson, your money will be spent wisely. It's a great cause, with all money going to the families that need it. What a wonderful way to brighten a child's future.

Golo, with all your money, I'm sure you could give a few pesos.

What does Golo possibly have to do with this? I gave 500 pesos within the last year, have you?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Actually, yes, i have. My husband was in 2 weeks ago and gave $40. I know it's not much, but it all helps.

You're right, that was unfair. I regress, I've deleted it. I just don't like people that brag about all the money they have if (and I'm not saying he doesn't) they don't give back. I was suggesting that it's a great cause for him.

Last edited:

richard

Jan 1, 2002
My pleasure Trina. It is such a worthwhile endeavor, the more people who know about it the better.

Richard

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
trina said:
Actually, yes, i have. My husband was in 2 weeks ago and gave $40. I know it's not much, but it all helps.

You're right, that was unfair. I regress, I've deleted it. I just don't like people that brag about all the money they have if (and I'm not saying he doesn't) they don't give back. I was suggesting that it's a great cause for him.

Well no offense to you but how do you know he doesn't give to local causes in SD?

Making judgements based on what you see on a message board may not be the wisest choice. You would possibly like someone in person while disliking them on a message board.

Regards

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Well, no offense to you, but if you read my message, I clearly stated that I wasn't saying he doesn't give back to the community.
Regards

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
nice quote job, jazz. funny how you picked out the part that you wanted to and didn't quote the whole thing. you have So run out of gas.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
trina said:
nice quote job, jazz. funny how you picked out the part that you wanted to and didn't quote the whole thing. you have So run out of gas.

Okey dokey here is the whole paragraph...

-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-

I left out the fact that you said that you are NOT SAYING HE DOESN'T have money I think. Well that was how I read it and didn't see a reason to quote that part back.

Oh well. I still don't see where Golo fits into the equation except for a free shot by you where it isn't called for. Guess that bothers me a bit for some reason.

Out of gas? You kidding, as much as I burp and fart I will never run out of gas.

Regards