"Aventura"

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I had the pleasure (did I hear somebody say "chopa" already?) of seeing a live performance by some of the greatest Dominican "bachateros" last night here in Miami.

Yoscar Sarante, Joe Veras, Monchy & Alexandra, Frank Reyes...and my new favorites..."Aventura"...

Wow, young, cute, great voices...incredible movements...and of course, some of the best "new" bachata around!

You were right, DRTechie when you told me about them...but seeing them perform live in concert and being able to dance to their music like that...what a night!!!

I got 1 1/2 hour's sleep...and now I'm here at work...but still smiling from a night of great fun!!

Oh, and tonight...it's off to see a concert by the "Queen of Merengue"...Milly Quezada... and Freddy Veras Goico....

I'll let you know how it goes on Monday...

Uruguayan "Chopa"...and PROUD OF IT!!!

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I love Aventura my fav song from them is Cuando Volveras! I love all bachata!
My fiance tells me that bachat is for the lower class people in DR?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Just ask Golo...

That's why I mentioned "chopos"...

But I think people should be exposed to all kinds of music...and then you get to decide what you like and don't like.

To me, since I wasn't born in DR, listening to merengue and bachata teaches me something about the culture of that wonderful country, and I don't think its people, (not all of them, only those that think themselves superior!) should be ashamed of their own culture!!!

You should see them in person, the guys are great!!!

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
ok, Queenie

I'm going right over to that web-cam and check out if you are snoozing between commercials.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Pepe...

No way!!!

I live for Saturdays!!!

I'll sleep later on, after I finish working...I left the station at 10:00 a.m., went to the beach for 2 1/2 hours, then home to shower and change...and right now I'm at a car dealership doing a live broadcast until 6:00 p.m. (Miami time)

Then I'll go home, sleep a couple of hours and get ready to go dancing with Milly Quezada!!!

I'll keep posting, if you're interested, what else I did this weekend...It's just starting!!!

Stay tuned...

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I just checked out Aventura! They are really nice. I like the songs, Cuando Volveras and Eso No Es Amor.
Musicqueen, I love your life! You are so lucky! Have fun!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, to be in Miami right now............(sigh)

You know, speaking of bachata, I think most of it has such a beautiful sound...takes me back to the beach in DR. My husband and I went to Las Terrenas last Christmas, and he got a horse and carriage, brought the ghetto and some Fernando Villalona, and took me to a private beach. We danced all night.......those were days...

Queen, keep us tuned! Great pics, by the way!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
...and here's the rest...

After the Milly concert...rushed to Paladium Night Club to catch the last couple of songs by V?ctor Manuelle...

Sunday, slept 'till 10...and by 12:30 was at the Pro to watch Marlins vs. Braves...(7-0 baby...way to go A. J.!!!)

After that me and Mr. Firefighter went to dinner by the beach where there was a Jamaican band playing...

Y color?n, colorado...este cuento se ha acabado...'cause I had to be here early today.

(Being TAX day...not everybody is in a good mood...so I'm trying to keep a low profile...shhhh!!!)