Twisted Words

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Terry, dont twist my words around to suit your purpose. I am married to a Dominican woman, I never said anything about immigrants or Dominicans, I mentioned Haitians period.

Your theory on immigration does not work with me. When I moved to the DR more than 15 years ago I did not speak a word of Spanish. I had to live in the downstairs of a restaurant that my friend's wife was running. I helped her in the kitchen and waitered during the evening.

I was constantly charge more by Dominicans or was being cheated in one way or another. But finally I did open my bar.
Had to deal with lack of electricity, poor services such as liquor deliveries, employess not showing up or making excuses etc.

Everyone who immigrates to a new country faces the same problems, and sure its tough, but that is part of the challenge.

I am not against any immigrants, they make Canada a great place to live.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Fred.
The problem here is you seem to be always knocking Dominicans,for example that story from the Toronto Star is wrong, I do not know the exact date when a visitors visa became mandatory, but it was more than four years ago,14 years maybe.
Then there is your 85% quote,and on and on,why are you so negative when it come to Dominicans.
Do you think your the only gringo who pays higher prices! it happens all the time, part of the fun whats a few pesos.(We Scots are famous for our generosity).
Where in Toronto do you live,we could be neighbours.
Regards Terry

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Terry

I am not knocking Dominicans, they like all people have some very good qualities. However, the information I gave you is not to knock anyone, simply I was trying to point out that for Dominicans wanting to visit Canada, US, or Europe it is next to impossible for the average person. I gave the reasons why consulates do not give them visas.

The rules are very clear, if they comply with the visa requirements, then no problem, if not no visa. Punto final!