Hillbilly's Granddaughter

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hillbilly, Just saw the picture of your little angel in the media galary. What a doll!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And, could you believe I didn't have a thing to do with it???

Just goes to show the Good Lord takes care of us fools!.

After one week she has shown remarkable vitality and has gained 3 oz!..this is very good since most babies lose some weight in the first week....

I get to take her out just about every morning for some indirect sunlight!

Looks like I'm carrying a hotdog in a basket, she's so small..

HB

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
I wish you and the little one all the best

HB,

I know you and I have had well let's say our differences in the past I hope we can turn the
corner put this behind us and get on with things.
Actually I think that I am hard pressed to find
anyone else around with the amount of institutional knowledge you have about Santiago.

HB one more thing when I was last in Santiago
I was driven a little ways out of the city
and I think like the campo at any rate I passed a
placed called Tipititos it's a dance hall on Sunday afternoons do you know what part of Santiago I was in?

Thanks, Isaac

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I was showing Rick and Maria the pics, and it's so hard to believe babies really are that tiny when they are born! What a doll!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Was that when you were kidnapped by a band of chopos??

There is a place just outside of Santiago, on the way to Villa Gonzalez, called Rancho T?pico, where they have live music, merengue, but like in the campo....That it??

And there are now lots of these places sprouting up...seems that "m?sica t?pica" both bachata and merengue is getting to be quite popular. I mean, after all, 90% of the country is chopist, not Chopin....hehehe

HB

PS I think that there is a web site for this music from a station here in Santiago: Radio Regional..I'll try and get the right addie..

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
HB thanks

HB,

Thanks as I said before from what I have been reading of your posts and from what little I know
about Santiago you seem to have the greatest
knowledge about the place. Oh I know of your fondess for syrup I have a friend that is always
sending me New Hampshire's finest(syrup) from the office of Senator Judd Gregg if you want I can get
a few bottles to you and you may see if it meets
your high standards, personally I like Ms.Butterworth's.

This dance place was at the base of a mountain
and yes it was in the campo outside of Santiago
oh well I'll rediscover it on my next trip.

Oh one more thing I will also be in Port-Au-Prince
for two days during my visit to the DR it will be a business trip. Will you help me monitor the situation along the border? I try to keep up with the latest developments but I am hearing about some very strange things going on with extranjeros in Haiti, I guess I should not be surprised, since
you are closer to the Haiti border than I,will you
help me out with this?

Thanks,