*Introducing myself....

christina15152

Apr 25, 2002
christina15152.rocks.it
Well, I know that most of you have a "picture" of what type of person I am but.. YOU really have no idea...
First of all I am a senior at Jamestown High School, in Jamestown, New York. I first became interested in the Dominican Republic in 1996. Since then I have done many reports, power points, and speeches about the Dominican Republic. I have "fallen in love" with the country, culture, and people. They way that people live down there is so amazing.. I know that there is poverty and such.. but up here people take to much for granted.. and they are just plain greeeeeddyy!! Not only, is my "friend" Jorge from there.. I also know many other dominicans too! I just think that the culture is facinating...
Well anyways.. I am a senior like I said.. and I plan on going to Daemen College in Buffalo, Ny for 3-4 years and getting my degree.. in Public Relations and communications. This summer I am also doing an internship with the Jamestown Jammers baseball club-- a single-A team of the Florida Marlins. (* This should be an interesting summer.. ;) *) ?nd that is about it for me... :)
?hristin? J??ks?n

Mar 21, 2002
Here's lookin at you kid

The DR is also a very dangerous place where the rule of law doesn't exist. It's the Wild West down there.Crime is rampant. Death is everywhere.The dead aren't buried but bodies are strewn alongside the highway for vultures to devour.The water is poisonious- so don't drink it.All of the food even in the high class areas is infected with bacteria that will eat up your inner organs.

Everyone is armed. But don't worry weapons are sold in the airport. Be sure to buy one or don't you dare venture into the city unarmed. Roving gangs in broken cars control the city. Always have an eye out for this.

There's more to say but I can't talk right now cuz bullets are flying overhead. I must seek cover.

Take care and Godspeed

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Onions and Carrots

This guy Onions must be paid by the Anti-Dominican Haitian lobby to badmouth Dominican Republic, the safest nation in America. Want to make any comparisons? Where do you want to start, beginning from the Strait of Magellan to the Bering? Find me a more peaceful nation, except for Canada.

TW

D

Dubld

Too true Golo.....and what kind of an impression does this make on the naieve people first cruising through here that believe all that they read!!!!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Golo,

How about Norway? I have never heard of anyone receiving a machetazo in the tarantines of Oslo. Have you?

:)

Mar 21, 2002
Golo, tu eres dominicano de la elite o del batey

Where is your sense of humor? Only a un tigre would take that post seriously. Only a Dominicano from los bateyes or maybe from my native Mao would take offense at that.

What a dumb Dominican's response would be:"Oh,oh que lo que tu ta diciendo de mi pai, asarozo!"

I know you're smarter than that Golo. If you proclaim to be from the elite then your superior intelligence can't allow you to respond like a neanderthal. Hey stay away from those doythead chicks who only speak malarky.

Jane J found it funny. I can see her laughing right now.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Brave post Christina, considering what we have told you

As an 18 year old, the world is all ahead of you. As an 18 year old there is a lot of pressures that you are asked to bear. And if you are not extremely careful, you will bear something...

If, after four years, your "Jorge" hasn't been moved way up the ladder, he just isn't going to make it...However, Dominicans view even Single A baseball as a better job than anything that they were doing here....like playing sandlot ball for a few pesos a game...just a fact of life. Better get Jorge some schooling, at least a GED or whatever it is called.

You, on the otherhand, have a nice dream, and even if you have to go to school in Buffalo(LOL), it is a fine option...

By the way , I have a good friend from my graduate school days who is now the Sports Information Director of the NY Mets....

Just be safe with your "feelings" and you should be fine...tough to break down an 18 yr old...

HB, Being 'grandfatherly'

needs_a_shave.gif

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Listen to Hillbilly..

I also became interested in the D.R at an early age, eighteen and made my first visit when I was 19 and have gone back every year! I am now 22. It is an amazing place, so much to learn and see. You should visit it first before moving, meet some people down there, make some contacts, see the culture, people, climate, economics, government, housing, etc. You have your whole life ahead of you and nothing to lose, so go for it, just be prepared!
I live on the Canadian side right by Buffalo, e-mail me if you want to talk!