Gas Stove Recommendation

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I just completed a thread on a recommend for a washing machine, received some good advice, and now I have the same question re: a gas stove.

I want an old school gas stove (nothing digital; no electronic ignition--if the power goes out you cannot eat!).
In the past I have bought a bunch of cheap gas stoves, some with ovens, some without. These stoves, with names of the likes of Centron, are nice and shiny but after three months, the burners start to go and in about a year, you are cooking on one burner . . .

I have a Mabe refrigerator which has stood up very well and I think is excellent quality. I would trust a Mabe gas stove, if I can find one.

Based on your experience, is there a four burner gas stove with oven that you can recommend? I'm willing to pay RD 10-13,000.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I just completed a thread on a recommend for a washing machine, received some good advice, and now I have the same question re: a gas stove.

I want an old school gas stove (nothing digital; no electronic ignition--if the power goes out you cannot eat!).
In the past I have bought a bunch of cheap gas stoves, some with ovens, some without. These stoves, with names of the likes of Centron, are nice and shiny but after three months, the burners start to go and in about a year, you are cooking on one burner . . .

I have a Mabe refrigerator which has stood up very well and I think is excellent quality. I would trust a Mabe gas stove, if I can find one.

Based on your experience, is there a four burner gas stove with oven that you can recommend? I'm willing to pay RD 10-13,000.
RD$10-13k won't buy much of a stove.