Pool cleaning in Sosúa

AKR

Oct 8, 2018
I have a Villa in Sousa and am looking for a reputable pool cleaning company. Any suggestions

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
Eight and a half years ago I moved into a relatively new home with a pool and a pool service. After three different people in the service were certainly not functioning well, I decided to revert to my experience almost 50 years earlier as a lifeguard and pool boy in several hotels in upstate New York. Putting what I knew and with some insight on the system in place in the house from the administrative manager of the project, I relearned and learned what to do. In these 8 1/2 years, I have one of the cleanest if not the cleanest and healthiest pools in the area. I would suggest learning or possibly relearning what to do and do it yourself. Yes it is task and takes time but I know when I am in the pool or my daughter is in the pool or her friends are in the pool it is clean and safe as to the chemical levels.

Add it to the inventory of "do's" necessary to survive in the DR, especially the North Coast.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
AKR
A clean (read safe) pool is a necessity. Learn to do it yourself. Once you know all the steps you can delegate but you will know if the care is adequate.
In this country everybody is an expert in everything and can do anything. (Ok, slight exaggeration). Consistency is rare here (not an exaggeration)
Lotsa info on the internet,- pools need brushing, vacuuming, chemical testing and balancing of chemicals . Not an onerous job for you. Then, if you can find someone who comes highly recommended you will know what he has to do.
Trust yourself to have a safe pool!