Car rental

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
Does anyone know how much it would cost approximately to rent a car in punta cana for 5 days in mid November.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
A lot more than hiring cabs when you need them and the cabs will be much cheaper and safer as well.

Bob K

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Does anyone know how much it would cost approximately to rent a car in punta cana for 5 days in mid November.

Depends on availability, size of car etc . You can get an estimate from the websites of most of the major car rental companies like Avis , Hertz and such , so you would probably see anything from $120 - $200 USD for 5 days in mid November in Punta Cana.

However, from our experience with several of the car rental companies in DR ..... the estimated price you get online is often irrelevant when you get here. They will likely ask for a deposit of some amount...anything from $500 to $1,000. ....and they will draw up a new local rental contract....often with a totally diffrent price...so be ready with passport, ID credit card etc ...I’m guessing that this is because as a franchise, they can operate under local rules and procedures ...Don’t think that because you are renting with Avis for example, you will get the same prices or level of service..as Avis in the US.

And oh , God forbid that you have a minor scratch or dent when you return the car ....make sure you do a walkthrough of the car when you pick it up and take cellphone videos of the walkthrough if you can . Good luck ...and drive carefully.

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
I found one on carrents.com for a cheap rate

May 5, 2007
Depends on availability, size of car etc . You can get an estimate from the websites of most of the major car rental companies like Avis , Hertz and such , so you would probably see anything from $120 - $200 USD for 5 days in mid November in Punta Cana.

However, from our experience with several of the car rental companies in DR ..... the estimated price you get online is often irrelevant when you get here. They will likely ask for a deposit of some amount...anything from $500 to $1,000. ....and they will draw up a new local rental contract....often with a totally diffrent price...so be ready with passport, ID credit card etc ...I’m guessing that this is because as a franchise, they can operate under local rules and procedures ...Don’t think that because you are renting with Avis for example, you will get the same prices or level of service..as Avis in the US.

And oh , God forbid that you have a minor scratch or dent when you return the car ....make sure you do a walkthrough of the car when you pick it up and take cellphone videos of the walkthrough if you can . Good luck ...and drive carefully.
I have rented cars from maybe 30 different countries and the DR is the only one I buy the complete coverage on Simply saves a lot of aggravation, worry and concern That said, if you can rent a car in the DR for no less than twice what has been mentioned here, jump on it Very high priced for a country such as this when compared to prices of other "tourist" items I have had the best experience with National though I think Avis is owned by same people

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
Anyone heard of the company called fox? Also is europe rent a car the same as national? Do they charge more fees at the airport?